Charger Forums banner

What did you do to your charger today?

1M views 7K replies 716 participants last post by  Random69 
#1 ·
saw this on the LX so i thought I'd start one here,

cleaned it from the inside and outside and about to buy a catch can :D

what did you do?

#1,084 ·
Couldnt take it anymore and went Spectre with the filter for the intake!
Sent out the K&N i quickly came to regret putting on sale to mah buddy WTFO09 hope he see's nothing but higher mpg's whilst higher performance! I know he will!

#1,086 ·
#1,093 ·
Put engine cover back on to sed if there is a difference... Forgot to check numbers before i took it off lol

#1,099 ·
i fed her a older model acura legend that some silly girl thought was either a ferrari or some super car..either way...she was wrong..

#1,103 ·
Restored my headlights with a 3m kit I got from Advance. They turned out reeeeeeeally good, I gotta do the fogs tomorrow. I also went from 30k hid kit to 8k, its a lot brighter!!!!!

#1,113 · (Edited)
When I first got into HID's a vendor explained it to me something like this
The higher the kelvin, the hotter it burns a diff gas so it lessens the light output for color change. The lower the kelvin, the less energy it takes to burn the gas making it a whiter color and morelight output.
It's all to do with the different gasses that are being activated in the bulbs.

I went with the 12k ones and still have them since 2006 or 7
They were sposed to be the very light purple ones, but look blueish from my view, i think they look purple from far away.

#1,105 ·
Had some nice 1 on 1 with my Charger.
Followed up on yesterday's quick wash (applied touch up paint / clearcoat)

1) Quick Wash + worked on the wheels, tires, wheel wells (EZ detail brushes FTW!)

2) Trix decontamination - let it bleed for a couple of minutes

Video

3) Washed it twice over to make sure I got rid of all the Trix from both the exterior and within / between the door panels / door jambs

4) Dried Vehicle

5) Followed up with Mother Carnuaba cleaner wax all over, glass included

6) 2 minutes drive back home, buffed rims, applied Armor All wheel protectant and Meguiars Hot tire shine spray - parked in garage

Tomorrow - Buff off any excess

:D

Attachments

#1,110 ·
Getting ready for the spoiler to arrive, so I plasti Dipped the back. Then I peeled off the paint from where I color matched the "charger" and "R/T". Needs another coat of the dip though. (only had about a half of a can to start)

#1,111 ·
Nice plastidip blot on the license plate there bro! Now cops wont know ur numbers lol! Jk man loox good!

#1,116 ·
It's only one application. You can see two spots on the upper left (driver side) section. It needs to be sprayed again. I only had about half a can, and decided to give it a go anyways. A full can would cover it all easily. I'll give it a go again with another coat in a day or two. The advantage of plasti dip is you don't really have to be all that good at spraying. Just give it a whirl. And if it sucks, peel it off and do it again.

I'll put up another picture when the spoiler comes in, should be here saturday. And as long as I can grow the balls to drill holes in the deck lid it'll be installed by sunday night.

#1,114 ·
Yea Yuro I like the 8k better, that 30k was a real deep blue. It looked cool but not much visibility, the 8k are much better.