Charger Forums banner

What did you do to your charger today?

1M views 7K replies 716 participants last post by  Random69 
#1 ·
saw this on the LX so i thought I'd start one here,

cleaned it from the inside and outside and about to buy a catch can :D

what did you do?

#5,770 · (Edited)
Solo exhaust started sagging again and banging on the cross braces (sounded like a wood pecker) so I finally gave up fighting with band clamps that only hold for a few months. I found a mom &pop muffler shop that was open on Saturdays and had the H pipe and pipes at the front of the muffler welded together. Dummy me should have had this done the day after I installed it 11 months ago! No more sag, no more clang & bang, and the idle is a lot quieter too. Best $25 bucks I've spent in a long long time.

Attachments

#5,772 ·
Fumoto valve install

I installed a Fumoto valve on my 2015 Rallye. OMG i cannot explain how happy I am with it, when it comes to my next oil change of course. Because I will compare it to when I just did this one where i got oil everywhere :mad: And my apartment complex doesn't like the idea of cars being worked on. So now with this installed, all i have to do it turn my steering wheel to the left and i can it clear as day above the bottom shroud. I wont even have to jack my car up; just install a tube on the nipple and turn valve :rocker:.. maybe i'll jack up the passenger side to tilt the oil more.

Oh and to anyone concerned about me hitting it on anything; the position its at i would have to slam hard into an object at the level of the oil pan in order to knock that off and when that happens, i would have a whole mess of other issues relating to that crash. And seriously (the handle valve part) is like half inch below the pan.
Oh and i dont off-road my car lol

http://www.fumotousa.com/

I got the "F106N"

I actually ordered it from amazon with my oil filter

Attached pics below
:driving::beerchug:

Attachments

#5,773 ·
I installed a Fumoto valve on my 2015 Rallye. OMG i cannot explain how happy I am with it, when it comes to my next oil change of course. Because I will compare it to when I just did this one where i got oil everywhere :mad: And my apartment complex doesn't like the idea of cars being worked on. So now with this installed, all i have to do it turn my steering wheel to the left and i can it clear as day above the bottom shroud. I wont even have to jack my car up; just install a tube on the nipple and turn valve :rocker:.. maybe i'll jack up the passenger side to tilt the oil more.

Oh and to anyone concerned about me hitting it on anything; the position its at i would have to slam hard into an object at the level of the oil pan in order to knock that off and when that happens, i would have a whole mess of other issues relating to that crash. And seriously (the handle valve part) is like half inch below the pan.
Oh and i dont off-road my car lol

http://www.fumotousa.com/

I got the "F106N"

I actually ordered it from amazon with my oil filter
https://www.amazon.com/Fumoto-F-106N-Engine-Drain-Valve/dp/B003T7XUE4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531766661&sr=8-1&keywords=F106N

Attached pics below
:driving::beerchug:
Sorry i dont know why the link came out like that :confused:

#5,774 ·
I have Fumato Valves in all my cars..only way to go IMO. I keep a 6" piece of plastic tube attached to the nipple. I cut a 3"x 3" hole in the plastic shield right below the valve, so all I have to do is reach in and pull the hose out then flip the lever. I change the oil filter while the pan drains and when finished I give the hose a squirt of brake cleaner to get all the oil out. The Pentastar V6 is so easy to work on:grin2:

#5,775 ·
/\ agreed. Makes oil changes super easy and quick. Changed my oil Friday night in 15-20 mins if that lol

#5,777 ·
Looked at my Charger this morning, longingly, then got into my company-provided vehicle and drove to work.
At least I get to drive it on weekends, and occasionally after work!

#5,780 ·
I know the feeling! I posted below your original post. The white explorer is my work ride and I stare at my Daytona in the review mirror every morning as I drive away too lol. Definitely saves on gas and mileage but man it’s a boring drive haha.

#5,778 · (Edited)

Put my new Factory Reproduction Demon replicas on! I'll get it cleaned up and post better pics over the weekend but man I dig the look. Might wrap the hood black next (or do chevelle ss style hood stripes), may or may not take the roof wrap off if it looks like there's too much black vinyl going on. Thanks to Matt and Don from Discount Tire on our forum for helping me with ordering and installing, they were great to work with!

Fronts: 20x9.5 with Nitto NT555 G2 275x40x20s
Rears: 20x10.5 with Nitto NT555 G2 295x40x20

Attachments

#5,791 ·
I pulled the alternator out of the car last night. I think that same gorilla that tightens the oil filter did the bolts for that. Was more effort than I thought it would be for sure. Now to get it looked at to see if that is my problem, but I believe it is.

#5,793 ·
Love that bee logo.

If you can figure out how to tint that animated bee in the dash to purple on start-up, you get the Charger mod of the year award. :)

Reactions: CaliScat
#5,799 ·
Well alternator had a bad rectifier, 117 out the door fixed. Back on the car much easier than getting it off.

Hope everyone has a great day.

#5,802 ·
Just got done doing its first detail since I bought it. Did a 2 stage polish correction to get rid of defects from transport and the dealer's "detail guy" putting marks on the paint. Followed that by a finishing polish. Finally used 2 coats of Wolfgang WG-5500 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant for the last stage.

I did my Durango last week doing this same method, and was very happy with the results. I think the Daytona looks a little more glossier and reflective because the color is a little darker. Calling it Plum Crazy Purple will now have more emphasis on the crazy part LOL!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#5,804 ·
Got mine towed to the shop :(

On the way to the store, the radio shut off, screen said "Audio Off" and wouldnt turn back on. On the way back, it started fine and radio came on. Radio shut off again, same as before. Then the AC started blowing hot air, cool air, hot air, then shut off. Then all guages went haywire, needles flipping everywhere on the speedo, fuel gauge, all of em. Then it died. I couldnt even roll down a window. There was NOTHING on the little screen where it normally says "Hold brake and press button to start". I couldnt get it in neutral, the tow driver had to drag it up on a flatbed. When he put his jumpers on, the car lit up but said "Key not detected". I hope it's just an alternator/battery. The shop isnt even open, I have to wait til monday morning before they'll even check it out. Ugh......

Attachments

#5,811 ·
Thanks!

#5,813 ·
Let me start by stating YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY
I had already done a lot of other upgrades before hand but had not
really optimized any of it as yet. I had a cold air injen system on it, and a
new exhaust system as well. All of this ran ok as is, but it did change how the motor ran.
By installing the diablo tuner I was able to set my shift points and adjust the base tune to
better optimize the changes. Back in the day we would have just twisted the distributor and adjusted the
timing manually, which we can not do any more as well, it aint got a distributor!
The sound of the motor is even different now!
Diablo tuners aint cheap, but you also usually get what you pay for.

#5,817 ·
Personally, I would leave it in and go to your preferred tire shop and let them deal with it. The last time I had something like that, it was sealing the hole, and as soon as I took it out it started to lose pressure.

It probably just needs a quick patch by the looks of it. If it was in the side wall that would be a different story.