Charger Forums banner

HK audio in 2016 SRT - yea or nay?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  RScottyL 
#1 ·
My dealer is making me an offer I can't possibly refuse on trading my '14 for a '16. Should I spring for the HK audio system? I like a good sounding system, but have read lots of complaints here, and don't know if it is worth spending $2K for the upgrade over stock.

#2 ·
I don't know what the stock one sounds like but I don't feel I got much value for the $2k I spent on the HK system.

The Kicker system in my SRT8 was much better, IMHO.

I think if you went aftermarket with $2k you'd have a much better system in the end.

Just my $0.02

#3 ·
Its an odd system, you can feel the bass, but, you cant hear it. Thats how I would describe it. Its almost like the subwoffer is out of phase.

Its very clear, but seems to lack punch.
An offer you can't refuse? Sounds odd, usually you take a bath in depreciation in 2 years. Be sure you know all the details. (Interest rate, lenght of term etc)
Its not an on the lot car? Your saying "spring for the HK system" the deal usually is on a car, its not something they can add.
If its a lot car, and it a good deal, then listen to the sound system.
Good luck, hope it works out.

#5 ·
Just curious why you want a 2016 when you already have a 2015 and they're the same car?

You need a different color to drive on weekends??? :D

#6 ·
i am happy with my HK system, good but not great. You can build a better aftermarket system for the same money. I didn't want to go that route. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't get loud enough on those rare occasions that i listen to the radio. I like the sound of the car 90% of the time. Just my 2 cents

#10 ·
You might see if there are any other dealers around you that have one in stock so you can go listen to it and a standard system and see what you think!

I agree that I have heard about issues on the 2015+ vehicles, but not sure if there is a fix yet for it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.