Charger Forums banner

Performance chips

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  MotoAce51 
#1 ·
Do performance chips actually work and if so which is good for my 12 charger. Or is it a waste of money?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#2 ·
Simple answer: Chips = Bad, Tuner = Good.

Don't buy a cheap chip, they will be more harmful than helpful. A tuner on the other hand is adjustable. You will need a Trinity since you have the new gen, and I am not sure if the inTune is fully functional on them yet.

#5 ·
If you want a CAI go for it. It will sound different and give you better throttle response. Its usually one of the first mods people do. If you have a good amount of money go for the LMI Hammer intakes. If not, really any will do. I have the K&N which some say bad things about but it works. It comes down to what you can get a deal on.

As for exhaust, look at the Blastin Bobs' reso deletes. They are cheap and effective. They will give you more sound and take out the restrictive part of the system.

If you want another fun mod, check out the Tranzformer.

#6 ·
You would be wasting your money. What you are really looking for is a more efficient burn of the fuel to get out more hp and torque.

Your money would better to be served in getting some ACES IV and allowing the engine to tune itself to the catalyized fuel. More HP, torque, and much better protection when doing high performance manuvers etc.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#7 ·
Performance tuner is the best money spent on these cars.
By chips, we assume those $25 resistors sold on ebay, and websites.

Chips are a waste of money, a good tuner (diablosport) is well worth the money.

#8 ·
^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^^:bigthumb:

#9 ·
Although there is the Jet Chip. Supposedly its like a fake tuner. I have no clue about it though.

#10 ·
you could look at the 25 threads on jetchips alone...

but, I'll save you the time. scam ripoff

#11 ·
Hypertech makes one for the 2011+ cars, too. That one has had positive reviews here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.