Charger Forums banner

2014 5.7L Header Install

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  x111103 
#1 ·
Over the weekend I thought I would grab a few wrenches and swap out my stock exhaust for a full JBA system. Tearing out the stock system was no problem at all, came apart nicely and had everything ready to go for the next day when I went to install the headers. I guess there was a design change and now in order to do the swap the entire engine cradle needs to be dropped down due to an extra long bolt being held in place by the fender preventing the final engine mount bolt from being removed on the passenger side. After about 3 hours of trying to figure out that I am not getting this done, does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to do this with a set of jack stands and jacks? It's looking like I'll have to find a speed shop to finish the install for me but hate to spend the extra $$ since I'm in the process of buying a house. I'm in the Tampa, FL area so going the speed shop route, does anyone have any suggestions for some reasonable pricing where I could get that done?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Are you undoing the mount from the block and this bolt is in the way? How about undoing the two bolts in the mount that go thru the cradle, then jacking the engine up high enough that the bolts clear the cradle. If you already have the opposite side mount off then you should be able to move the engine side to side a couple of inches.

#4 ·
Wow, this sounds like a terrible design. That sucks, man. I hate it when I have to pay someone else to work on my car when it comes to modding. It takes all the enjoyment and satisfaction you get when finished and you fire her up for the first time. I hope you find a good shop in your area. I know it seems like a lot of nice Mopar's come out of the Florida area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.