Charger Forums banner

This thing just fell off my roof

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  The Sock Monkey 
#1 ·
Carbon Vehicle door Car Luxury vehicle Vehicle
. Anyone have any idea what this is? It landed on my passenger seat as I was driving.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#3 ·
#6 ·
Just leave the sunroof closed and they work perfectly! :bigthumb:

:confused:

#7 ·
Ah.... okay, I see how it probably goes on. The one on the other side is missing completely however. Bah. I wonder whether it's function is mechanical to keep dust off the mechanism or just to keep the wind under control?

#10 ·
SHined a light up inside the space between the roof and the headliner... no luck on the second one being in there that I can see, anyway. I got the first one back on. Interestingly, if you look at the rails that it attaches to, there appear to be holes for screws there. I wonder if we got the right little tiny black metal screw, if we could attach more permanently? Or... super glue might work, right? I don't want this thing dropping randomly on people's heads. lol

#11 ·
Follow up on this topic.... I went to the dealership and ordered a new one for the other side. $35 each side. Parts guy says it looks like they changed the design from the originals, he assumes since they fall off fairly regularly. They added these extra button looking things on the backside and there's some metal that the previous ones didn't have in the track. So... maybe it'll be better! I'll take some pics of the new one later when I put it in, in case anyone else cares.

#12 · (Edited)
I have a 12 charger RT as well and mine hasn't hit the bumper to bumper warranty yet (31k miles currently) but if you haven't reached it yet I would complain until they covered the cost of it. That has me worried cause I haven't had the chance to play with my sun roof yet due to it being 20°'s here. I think I am going to go inspect mine to make sure everything is in working order lol.

EDIT: I just checked mine and everything seems to be good with it.

#13 · (Edited)
I have a 2011 and the damn things come loose every few months or so. Never dropped out however. Now I just check them every once in a while and make sure there tight. Agree that its a bad design. I also though about gluing them on.

#15 ·
I forgot to take pictures. But... the only change from the old one that's on there is the metal track inside where they attach. The buttons on the back side were only temporary for some reason. Weird. Anyway, got the new one on so now my car is complete. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.