Charger Forums banner

New rims and tires...

6K views 52 replies 12 participants last post by  baller1015 
#1 ·
I finally got them....

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
WOW.....what a difference. Very nice choice!

Reactions: conscious wanderer
#9 ·
:bigthumb:Very nice man! Those look great, there's a huge difference. Have you noticed a difference in mpg or performance? I'm looking into wheels and trying to find 20s that aren't going to weigh the car down or change mpg.

#17 ·
Nice, thanks for the info! But that means that we can't get the vossen 20s to fit our cars? Are there other less expensive routes to light weight wheels other than vossen?

#18 · (Edited)
Very good question...I havent followed up on that yet.

From this other forum I discovered the following weights:

SRT wheel and tire combo is 55 lbs

22 x 9 viper with 265/35 tire is 67 lbs

Guessing these are from Factory reproductions of course..

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showt...-Viper-wheels-on-their-2nd-gen-Charger/page4?

Still, the viper reps are a timeless classic..comes down to whether or not you want to weigh the car down for looks :)

#19 ·
Ah okay. Soooo, those factory reproduction srt's, is that the weight for those in 20s? And you've found some good info! Do you know what the stock wheels weigh on our cars?

#22 ·
FWIW the 55lb combo weight is probably for a factory alcoa forged SRT8 wheel, not the cast reproduction wheels....

IIRC the stock chrome clads are about 30lbs ea...never found them a performance hinderance to my car...

#27 ·
Thank you for visiting our site, all of our 20" wheels are going to be within ounces of each other based on style. The 20" wheels we carry are going to weigh about 33-34 lbs.

*I inquired about some wheels at OE wheels and this was the response i got.

#37 ·
It was thru Ebay but the guy was local so I was able to see them in person. They certainly weren't perfect with a few scuffs that I knew powder coat would cover and a few dings around the lug hole you often see on our cars after folks need to chisel the crap stock lug nuts off at some point.

Those few dings you can see if you really look hard but the texture in the powder really covers that well.

#33 ·
Weight isn't as important as whether they are cast or forged. It's about the crystal structure of the aluminum within the wheel that determines it's strength.

Forged is always stronger than cast...even at half the weight.

#41 ·
I like the vossen cv3, but i think I'm trying to stay away from 22s. Is there anybody that has them that can speak to performance with them?

#51 ·
I had someone weigh the stock daytona and it was 31 lbs. Granted nobody has weighed the
vossen for me, but like conscious wanderer says, according to their spec sheet they are heavier. Although he is talking about the 22s and not the 20s.

Understood.... I didn't want OEM.... So I searched for a while before deciding...
Yeah I've been looking a lot lately. The daytona wheels are so hard to find, but i won't be putting then on until the spring anyway because i live in Oregon and our winter weather sucks. So i have plenty of time

#52 ·
I had someone weigh the stock daytona and it was 31 lbs. Granted nobody has weighed the
vossen for me, but like conscious wanderer says, according to their spec sheet they are heavier. Although he is talking about the 22s and not the 20s.

Yeah I've been looking a lot lately. The daytona wheels are so hard to find, but i won't be putting then on until the spring anyway because i live in Oregon and our winter weather sucks. So i have plenty of time
What a coincidence... I am also in Oregon... I am in Eugene though, so winters aren't that bad...

#53 ·
Nice man! I'm in southwest Portland, we mostly just get a ton of rain, but it's so dirty and there are rocks all over the road. And when it does snow.... forget about driving because there's crap all over the road and nobody here knows how to drive in it. But I take my wheels off to be cautious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.