Charger Forums banner

2007 R/T AWD Lowering

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  solinadave 
#1 ·
Hi............I have a 2007 Dodge Charger R/T AWD. I'd like to lower it. Does anyone know, for sure, if the Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set (part #2879-140) will work properly. There seems to be some contraversy, both on Charger Forums and from Eibach, in regard to the AWD as opposed to the RWD feature, that has left me confused. Which, by the way is no surprise. Any help here or alternate suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks, and Happy Motoring!:driving:......................Dave

#3 ·
That's the kit I originally had installed on MY 2007 AWD.

3 years later, 3 of the springs were broken.

I'm currently running a BC Racing coilover set.

Love the stiffness adjustability, loved the $1k price instead of the $1700+ price of the KW's, but I still have a banging noise from rear over bumps. Some people have said that the lower shock bolt needs to be tightened super-tight. That's been done and still the noise is there. I have new rear stabilizer links waiting to be installed, since they're the only rear-suspension parts that show ANY wear.

#5 ·
Thanks for the information Gabe............Broken springs aren't good. Maybe that's why Eibach won't commit. The BC Racing coilovers would be an additional $700 +tax. for me, and I was going to be happy with a 1.5"-1.7" lowering that the Eibach was going to provide. I don't need the adjustment feature of coilovers, and I sure don't need the banging noise.
It's a bit of a crap shoot and I can't afford to be trying this and that until something works. I'll have to live with the car, as is, until I explore the details a little more, and approach a more positive resolution.
Let me know, if you don't mind, how you make out with the stabalizer links. Or, what it finally takes to eliminate the noise.

Thanks again Gabe.......................Dave

By the way, your car is the toughest looking R/T AWD on the block!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.