Charger Forums banner

about to pull the trigger on either 2016 or 2017 SRT..

4K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Foo 
#1 ·
The 2016 is super low miles, and obviously the 2017 is new... (duh)

What are the subtle interior or option changes i should be aware of between the two? I cant find an easy way to compare the two.

Anyone get an option package they either cant live without or wonder now if it was worth it?

Any commentary welcome.

Thanks ya'll.

#3 ·
AFAIK the only difference is in the Entertainment system. Android Play I think for 2017?

Otherwise the 2015/2016/2017 SRTs are all identical.

Wait, I think Laguna leather was an option for the 2015 model year and standard on 2016/2017.

So if you get a 2015 it may have the Alcantara leather.

#4 ·
I was playing with the updated UConnect on a '17 and the speed and snappyness alone is a huge improvement. I have heard that it's a little buggy but hopefully that has been or will be resolved. Since you haven't mentioned prices, up to you if the cost savings is worth it between a '16 and '17.

#7 ·
thanks ya'll.

the build tool is difficult to do side by side, unless i screen shot or hand write down the peices of each add on package... thats why i asked.

Yeah i've got my eye on a '16 right now with 4k miles thats 10k less than a new one - but again - until i call and deal with the salesman directly (trying to avoid until i'm 100% sold on doing it) i cant get a definite idea of what options the car came with...

I want to make sure if i do buy a 16 its got what i would have chosen in a new car, in the color i want, with a very low mileage.

Working out what options my credit union will give me on the amount i'll finance.. if the difference in financing isnt alot then yes it will be used.. but if i can get new at .9 or 1.9% and used it 4%+ then the majority of the difference in cost might be eradicated.

Anyhooooo... thanks again for giving me some real feedback.

Appreciated.

#9 ·
Used is the way to go if the deal make sense and it has the options you want. I picked up my SP with 450 miles on it for a little over 11k less then window.

#11 ·
ok so i got past the build tool and see there isnt much difference. now i'm grumpy dealers dont seem to list what option packages the car includes.. gotta call - UGHH. Yes i know the car has 20" wheels.. stop listing the standard equipment... hahahaha

#14 ·
I have the 17 SRT and yes, the system is much faster. I have heard a lot of complaints about getting their new UConnect Guardian app to work properly but I have been very impressed with Dodge and how well they have been put together. I don't really see much of a difference other than that minus the inside lighting which is just a simple white. I think my 300 SRT had a blue and my Jeep SRT was blue or red, this is just generic and plain to me but if I really wanted to do something about it I could. Either way I think you will be impressed and not have too many complaints.

#15 ·
Actually, let me readdress this.....

One thing that is disappointing is that the Charger does NOT have the adaptive headlights, nor does it offer the panoramic sunroof. Those are two features that I do miss.
The lane assistance is pretty cool and crazy because it will literally put you back in your lane. You can turn this off if it annoys you as it does me because it tries to put you in the middle of the lanes or it will correct you.

I think that's all.....

#16 ·
i have a panoramic in my current car, but will be looking for a charger without a sunroof - either new or otherwise if i have my wish. I know its "better" for resale but thats not my focus. Pano might be cool, but just the small one, eh i can take it or leave it.

Good to know on the Uconnect, but not sure it will be worth the difference between a <10 mile 17 and a <5k 16.. Right now its 54 ish vs 45-47k. I know i'll get some movement on both, but 9k is a big difference, not sure even the loan rate will make up the cap.

Hrmm.

Anyway, appreciate the feedback for sure - thats the sort of specifics i was looking for.

The VIN tool posted has been awesome, i'm now tracking 6 cars across the nation and can really compare apples to apples.

#17 ·
If you can afford the 17 go for it. I bought my 15 with 1000K miles 9K off a 54K sticker. You cant go wrong with low miles + deep discount. It seems like the sticker prices are increasing every year. 2018 will probably be 60K

#18 ·
Holy old thread bump... but i just pulled the trigger on a 2018 SRT in knuckle white.

The deal i got on the 2018 was fantastic, especially given the dealers not discounting heavily on 2017's on their lots (dumb move IMO).

Technology and H/K.

Already starting to look at biggest tire fitments for the rear lmao

#20 ·
Congrats.

And you can fit 315s on the back with 11" wheels.

#22 ·
official pick up next Wednesday - need 6 more days to get the employee price discount through Tread Lightly... sigh.
Please explain this. Didn't you do the deal already?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.