Charger Forums banner

police center cap alternatives

11K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ChargerPursuit 
#1 · (Edited)
If I take my plastic wheel covers off I'll leave my hub exposed. example:

Is this ok? it looks like it will cause rust issues. however the plastic wheel covers don't seem to be protecting it from rust all that well anyway.

Is there any other option besides the expensive police hub caps and special lug nuts?

See less See more
#2 ·
When I had the police wheels on my R/T I ran them with no hub caps and they were fine.

Reactions: ttonyy
#3 ·
You could always clean off the rust and plasti dip it for some "protection"

Reactions: ttonyy
#4 ·
true. I already dipped my wheel covers though, so I guess I might as well stick with them. They're just a hassle when rotating tires. I just need a small black cap to pop in there. What an annoyance

#5 · (Edited)
I really prefer the cop caps, but if you are are determined to skip them (I guess it is YOUR car lol), I would clean rust off hubs, paint black, and chrome lug nuts.

#9 ·
I forget how much they are but when I priced out the caps and the set of lugs when I had my police wheels it would have cost me almost as much as the wheels did.

And yes you need the special lugs they a ridge on them that holds the cap. It snaps in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.