Charger Forums banner

How 'bout that blue deuce?

13K views 64 replies 20 participants last post by  Labbie 
#1 ·
Damn if Kurt Bush ain't on a tear! Two back to back, he's looking good this season.

#39 ·
Would be sweet for Dodge to win the Cup just before there exit.

#41 ·
I was at the Talladega race yesterday and all I can say is WOW! The TV cameras don't do it justice. To be there hearing, seeing, and smelling it live was unforgettable. Tire smoke, fire smoke, screeching tires, Tony airborne, cars on fire, missing half their body work or half their body length was just amazing. If you have never been, you have got to go. Sitting at ATL waiting to fly home and can't wait for the next race.

Sent from my DROIDX

#42 ·
Kes finishes 6th at Phoenix, Johnson blows a tire and ends up 32nd giving Kes a 20 point lead heading into the final race at Homestead.

http://www.cbssports.com/nascar/story/20941730/wild-race-blows-championship-open-for-keselowski

Gordon and Bowyer tangle on the track, crews tangle in the pits: http://www.cbssports.com/nascar/blo...-bowyer-phoenix-tangle-ignites-pit-crew-brawl (video)

Oh yeah, Harvick wins and wants more fights: http://www.cbssports.com/nascar/blog/eye-on-nascar/20942005/kevin-harvick-we-should-have-more-fights

#46 ·
Bad Brad just has to finish 15th or better and Dodge can bring home the cup, and then give NASCAR the middle finger!

#51 ·
But they only placed Gordon on probation until the end of the season, 1 more race and Brad until Dec 31. If that had been Jr, JJ,Gordon, or one of those type guys with the phone all they would have gotten is a warning from NASCAR. There is a definite double standard in this organization and you see it all the time.

#53 ·
NASCAR shows favoritism towards Chevrolet, their cars, drivers and teams. Brad most likely will win the cup and he drives a Dodge, so since JJ wrecked, and Gordon acted like an ass wrecking Bowyer on purpose and JR sucked all day thats why they fined and put Brad on probation too. It's the NASCAR double standard which has been going on since the 426 Hemi's were dominating in the late 60's early 70's. It is still the only motor banned by NASCAR, and why they would not let Dodge run the current generation Hemi. Chevrolet got a new engine package when they asked for it, then Ford, then Toyota, but Dodge was made to wait, why? This is why I believe Dodge is actually pulling out again, hopefully this time with the Cup and the middle finger!

#57 ·
Ironic, isn't it,...

...the year Dodge decides to pull out of NASCAR is the year they have someone in serious contention for the championship. Shame, really.

#62 ·
...the year Dodge decides to pull out of NASCAR is the year they have someone in serious contention for the championship. Shame, really.
Dodge didn't plan on leaving NASCAR they were hoping to expand with the
new car and maybe another team, they got screwed by Roger Penske when
he decided to switch to the blue oval camp. Penske is the only builder of
Dodge Sprint Cup engines right now and even if Dodge secured another team
you can't have your competition building your engines. Dodge thought about
building the engines themslelf and selling them to the teams like what Toyota does with Gibbs and Michael Waltrip Racing but the start up cost would be astronomical.

#58 ·
Kes & Dodge win the championship!!! Kes just made laps most of the day between 10th & 15th, but had to make a late pit stop for fuel.

Johnson burned up his rear gear and has to go to the garage late in the race after leading. But had pit road problems before that.

Bowyer finishes second in the race and beats Johnson for second in the season standings by 1 point.

Gordon gets redemption and wins the race with fuel strategy.

#60 ·
As Brad Keselowski celebrates, NASCAR revels in its new fun-loving champion

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nascar/...itle-nascar-sprint-cup-homestead-roger-penske
WARNING: the above link contains an autoplay video at full volume.

From the story

That’s NASCAR’s new fun-loving, beer-chugging champion. There is only one thing he likes more than his cell phone and a good time—winning races and championships.

“I want to come back next year and be better than ever and find that next level of success,” he said.

Oh, and there is one more thing he would like.

“I’ve always wanted to date a celebrity,” he said. “I’m just throwing that out there. I think that would be cool. … Not a Kardashian, though.”

Penske just grins and shakes his head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.