Charger Forums banner

How 'bout that blue deuce?

13K views 64 replies 20 participants last post by  Labbie 
#1 ·
Damn if Kurt Bush ain't on a tear! Two back to back, he's looking good this season.

#4 ·
I just like the fact that Kurt has been in the majority of races and been in contention in many as well being that he is one of only 4 or 5 Dodge drivers on the circuit it is nice to see him doing well. It was funny I worked all week nights then off one day worked Sunday days came home watched race and wouldn't you know it I fell asleep in the last few laps missed the pass and the finish...lol...I thought he finished 2nd but alas he finished in victory lane...nice job Miller Lite Dodge Team!!!

#5 ·
Don't feel bad, it's the running joke around the house that the only time I nap is during a race, whether it's a day or night run. Kurt is running really well this season, been steady improvements ever since Addington came onboard as the chief. I used to not be able to stand either of the Bushes, but over the past couple of years their attitudes have come around and no one can dispute their driving abilities, 'specially Kyle.

#7 ·
WHOOOO! about darn time a charger drove to victory lane!! I watch every race, never miss one, been awhile since ive seen a dodge win! I love how he chugged a beer and said buy a DODGE!!! classic!! ...wish he said a CHARGER!!! I still like his younger bro better haahah

#11 ·
I thought the 2 was staying the Miller Lite car (therefore keeping the "Blue Deuce" nickname) and Kurt was moving to the 12 which will be the Pennzoil car.

on the other hand, lets not count out that Penske could bring back the 22 as a Miller car, as it was back in the 80's and into the 90's. that might be pretty cool.

we'll just have to see how all this plays out. plenty of time before Daytona 2011.

#17 ·
I know the engine they use doesn't resemble anything they have on the road, but I still like to see the Dodges win and run good. Brad beat them with a broken ankle. If he keeps improving and Kurt keeps going, Penske will have a good team - I think he still has Hornish working for him also.

Who won the Nationwide?

#18 ·
2 Dodges in the race and they finish 1st and 3rd.

Ricky Stenhouse Jr. won the Nationwide race.

Was actually pushed across the finish line by his teammate after blowing his engine on the final turn. And by pushed, I mean nailed from behind because Carl Edwards couldn't see anything through the smoke.

#24 ·
I know it's just me, but there is something inherently satisfying about a blue Dodge Charger winning at Talledega! Maybe we should all post videos of us doing celebratory burnouts in honor of Dodge's accomplishment? LOL

#26 ·
That was a nice run by Brad K. Always feels good to see a Charger on point during a race, especially at the end of the last lap! I was thinking for a minute that he may just run out of gas during his burnout, though. I thought the lap with the American flag was very cool.

#27 ·
I heard on Wind Tunnel tonight that Dodge will make an announcement next week at Daytona regarding their future in NASCAR.

Speculation is that Andretti Racing will make the move to NASCAR and that Dodge will have a turnkey program like Toyota's TRD to provide cars and engines to Andretti and (hopefully) other teams.

#28 ·
According to what I have read, the only reason Penske left was that Dodge would not give him a 5 year contract - If that is true, the Dodge management is looney - Penske has been good for Dodge and Dodge has been good for Penske.

Dodge booted Petty and I don't blame him for staying where he is at - but the Petty name and Dodge just has a good ring to me.

#30 ·
Well, for the last few weeks there have been pretty big rumors that Andretti Autosport will add a NASCAR to their successful IndyCar program, although no drivers have been linked to the program yet. There have also been rumors that it will be linked to Richard Petty Motorsports, and that Petty will return to Dodge with his drivers Marcos Ambrose and Aric Almirola. One of the other big questions is what will happen in the lower NASCAR series. Petty has one Nationwide Series car for Michael Annett, but they would be the only Dodge in the field then. The Truck Series has has a little more hope. Owner drivers Jennifer Jo Cobb and Clay Greenfield each "run" Dodges, but do not really have great finishes. Greenfield has suddenly come alive though, following a top 10 last February in Daytona. The real competitive Dodge team is Brad Keselowski's team, which fields the #29 for Parker Kligerman, a driver who has run Dodges his whole career. So he might go over to another team and run Dodges, or he'll stay under Kes's team and most likely run Fords.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.