Charger Forums banner

Only fluids I use

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  370 HEMI 
#1 · (Edited)
Title says it all. The only fluids I use in my R/T and she runs strong and feels more alive then before. I even had the wonderful opportunity to race a 2014 Mustang GT that had an aftermarket cam and a few other mods and I still walked away from him. I know there are guys that say the leading shelf brand is just as good but it really isn't. The sludge and gunk I found in my oil catch can after 2k miles of using Brian's oil and fuel additive is crazy. The oil in the catch can at the bottom was a sludge molasses substance that proved to be a pain in the a** to clean out lol. I highly recommend BND to anyone and everyone that is concerned with longevity.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
The Mustang Coyote 5.0 has four (4) cams and if performance upgraded cams are not installed along with 3.73 rear gears or higher (numerically) AND a set of long tubes the GT is slower than crap off the line. I did not know of many folks that installed cams in their GT's when I had mine because it is not a simple install like the Hemi. That being said, IMO it does not matter what fluids you run in a stock or slightly modified RT. It will not beat a stock 2011-2016 Mustang GT unless the guy in the GT does not know how to drive.

Good plug for the vendor though!

Did you not have sludge in the catch can prior to using QB products?
No, it was just oil. Brian said it is cause the motor is being cleaned and that was the built up gunk in the motor.
I would be a little concerned (for longevity) if I used a product and got sludge/oil in the catch can that was a PITA to clean out and not just drain. There are lots of folks with over 100,000 miles that just empty the catch can by pouring out the oil. The catch can just keeps the oil Vapors from gunking up the intake manifold/Throttle body.

#3 ·
No, it was just oil. Brian said it is cause the motor is being cleaned and that was the built up gunk in the motor.

#5 ·
If you'd like I can get you the videos of me beating the 2014 Mustang GT. The guy knows how to drive, he has a 93 fox body mustang running high 8's in a 1/4 mile with over 1k HP as his project car and he tracks it at least every other weekend. I was a little over 135mph in 1/2 mile.

#6 ·
You have one fast RT then and congrats. I raced several of my friends with Mustang GT's after I put a cam, headers and other mods on the Daytona. I was not even close.

I had a 2011 and 2012 stang back before they gained weight like todays model. 4.2 secs 0-60 and mid 12's in the quarter were common with minor performance mods costing less than $1000.

#7 ·
My biggest mod is changing the rear end to SRT8 axles and a 3.92 Getrag LSD.

#9 ·
That is a nice peace of information to know! LMBO:beerchug: That rear end swap can get you as much as .5 sec increase in 1/8 and 1/4 mile. Best mod I did IMO.

Like said above, if special additives were put into your oil to remove gunk that would explain why it was a PITA to clean the catch can. I have only seen and heard of very thin oil residue being discarded.

Reactions: 2fast4u2013
#8 ·
2fast4u2013, thank you for the kind words and congrats on beating the Mustang!

The oils that we manufacture have a significant amount of detergents in them 7 to 10 times as much as anything off the shelf. They are diesel engine quality and are designed to dissolve and remove any deposits in the oil system and burn them up. Since 2fast4u2013 bought the car used, we don't really know what lubricants were in the car before he got the car and so to make sure it was getting cleaned out appropriately, we added what was necessary to get it clean.

The result is the gunk that was caught in his catch can. This is a normal process. It is better for the engine as the gunk in the motor acts like an insulator and resists getting the radiant heat out.

By the second oil change, there shouldn't be anything but condensed gasoline vapors and a slight amount of oil in his catch can.

I like the picture 2fast4u2013!!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.