Charger Forums banner

2017 Charger Information Thread

91K views 338 replies 54 participants last post by  DiegoSP 
#1 ·
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017 Dodge Charger information
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Compiled by ResumeSpeed

**** SOME INFORMATION MAY BE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE ****

Last updated: September 10, 2016

2017 Charger Production and ordering dates:
(Last day of production for 2016 Charger: October 14, 2016

2017 order banks open USA: September 12, 2016
2017 order banks open Canada: September 7th, 2016
2017 press Launch: September 1, 2016
2017 production launch: October 17, 2016
--------------------------------------------------------

2017 model lineup (base MSRP, NOT including Destination):

Charger SE V6 ($27,995)
Charger SE V6 AWD ($30,245)

Charger SXT V6 ($29,995)
Charger SXT V6 AWD ($31,995)

Charger SXT PLUS V6 ($32,490)
Charger SXT PLUS V6 AWD ($34,490)

Charger SXT PREMIUM V6 ($35,990)
Charger SXT PREMIUM V6 AWD ($37,990)

Charger R/T 5.7L ($34,790)
Charger R/T PLUS 5.7L ($37,285)
Charger R/T PREMIUM 5.7L ($40,785)
Charger R/T Scat Pack 392 ($39,995)

Charger Daytona 5.7 ($39,890)
Charger Daytona 392 ($44,995)

Charger SRT 392 ($51,145)
Charger SRT 6.2L Hellcat ($67,645) (includes GG Tax)

2017 Engines/transmissions: (same as 2016 models)

2017 What's New:

New: UConnect next generation 8.4" radios, high resolution, improved speed and graphics, pinch/swipe/tap capability
(existing RA3/RA4 radios will also continue)
New: Apple CarPlay / Android Auto
New: 20 x 9.5-inch five-spoke lightweight low-gloss black wheels (Standard on Hellcat, improved dynamics)
New: New 19-inch Hyper Black finish wheel available with the Rallye Package
New: New Hellcat badges (interior, rear, seats)
New: New steering wheel with illuminated SRT logo (Hellcat and SRT)
New: "Screen Off" hard key added below radio (SRT, Hellcat)
New: Active Exhaust now standard on all Challenger and Charger 5.7L V8s

2017 initial exterior Colors:

Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Contusion Blue Pearl Coat (aka Jazz Blue)
Go Mango Clear Coat
Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat
Pitch Black Clear Coat
Plum Crazy (special model)
Redline Red
TorRed Clear Coat
White Knuckle Clear Coat (aka Bright White)

New: Destroyer Gray Clear Coat (aka Ceramic Gray) (PDN)
New: Green Go (PGM) (Limited production) (12/05/2016 production launch)
New: Octane Red) Pearl Coat (aka Velvet Red) (PRV)
New: Yellow Jacket Clear Coat (PY4) (Limited production)

2017 initial interior Colors:

Black
Black/Tungsten
Black/Pearl
Black/Ruby Red
Sepia

--Compiled by ResumeSpeed

See less See more
#239 ·
For any of you guys that have ordered a Daytona (either version), did you have the option to choose red seats? I didn't see it in the options listed in the OP, but I was hoping it was available.

#254 ·
Sorry for the crappy pics, but saw these on the way home this afternoon.

Attachments

Reactions: vikingred
#255 ·
The Charger looks good in yellow.

The Canadian Dodge web site is finally showing info for the 2017 Charger but NO INFO at all on the Daytonas and there is no mention of Scat Pack or Road & Track R/T either.

4 Hemi models to choose from: R/T, 392 R/T, SRT 392, Hellcat

:confused:

#258 ·
Congrats on the new Daytona! You're going to have a fun New Years weekend. :bigthumb:

Reactions: AllStrobedUp
#264 ·
I don't know if it will indeed do that, but I'd guess that you have to have the car in park to enable that feature... that is, if it's possible.

#265 ·
I'm looking at a TorRed Scat Pack with all the goodies. I test drove a white one a little while back and I'm going back tomorrow to drive a Challenger, just to make sure I don't want to change it up. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll still prefer the Charger as I believe visibility out the rear of the Challenger will not be as good as the Charger.

I contacted FCA Incentives Assistance Center today and spoke to Lynn. She advised that any incentives that were currently running when I ordered a vehicle (like the 0% financing for 24, 36, 48, or 60 months) would apply when I took delivery... no matter how much time elapsed for my vehicle to be built and delivered. :bigthumb:

#266 ·
Yes that's true, any rebates and/or incentives are always whatever is in effect at time of delivery. There could also be a price increase in your car from the time you order it and the time it's built and your dealer is invoiced by FCA. Some dealers will lock you in on price but they are not required to.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

#267 ·
Actually, the person I talked to said the incentives/rebates were whatever was in effect at the time I ordered.

#269 ·
Cool. Lets us know how the Challenger test drive goes.
Nice! And I started my "sports car" life with coupes (crossfire srt6, G37S) and I don't think I would want to go back to a two door car unless it would just be a weekend toy. I love the the "do everything" attitude and practicality of the Charger. If you're going to go coupe though it doesn't get more much practical and sweet than the Challenger! Good comprise I think.

Have you looked at autotrader prices for the Scat vs Daytona? I was looking for a Scat with all the goodies like you but when you do that they come up in prices within a 2-3k difference of the Daytona (or sometimes the same price!). So IMHO if you want the extras then the Daytona makes a little more sense (unless you're have ninja negotiation skills and can get a loaded Scat at a good price), but if you want barebones speed at a low price then the Scat is still king.
The visibility out the sides and rear of the Challenger is much decreased over that of the Charger. Mind you, it was fun to drive but don't think I'd like it for a daily driver. It was an SRT as the SP, with the shaker, was sold and the other SP was stolen off their lot. The salesman that I dealt with before was out as he injured his leg yesterday. I'll be in touch with him around the beginning of next week about placing an order.

I looked at the Daytona, but I don't really like the design of the wheels, nor the decals package. I know you can get a decal delete and I can get new wheels, but I've liked the SP since it first came out. About the only option I'm not looking at is the engine block heater. I've priced out through Sams Club buyers program and I can get employee pricing through work.

Reactions: Playhard
#270 ·
but I've liked the SP since it first came out. About the only option I'm not looking at is the engine block heater. I've priced out through Sams Club buyers program and I can get employee pricing through work.
Yeah I really like my SP a lot. Mines loaded with everything including the block heater. Only thing It doesn't have is the black painted roof option. Did you decide on color yet?

#272 ·
Ok, so I did it.... my salesguy was back today and I stopped by after work. I ordered a TorRed 2017 Scat Pack. Clicked all the boxes except for the engine block heater and black roof. I just wish they still had the website to check status... back to the phone and calling for updates.

Now comes the hard part.... waiting until she comes in.

#273 · (Edited)
Excellent and congrats. Very cool

#274 ·
Thank you sir!

I've heard that you have to call for updates on an order now, rather than check online. I was surfing around last night and found this site.

http://www.dodge.com/en/mobile/vots/index.html

Has anyone used this recently? Or I'd is inoperable or not updated?

#280 ·
VOTS hasn't worked in years, where did you get that.link?
I just did a web search and located it. I was able to check online when I ordered my 2014, but I've read all that says they no longer offer that service. I was just checking to see if I could find anything.

At any rate.... my salesguy sent me a text this afternoon.... I've already got my VIN and she's in "D" status.

Reactions: Slidd
#277 ·
I ordered mine on Sept 12, when the banks opened. It still has not come in, and I just got pushed back another week...the 30th. We will see.....

#278 · (Edited)
4 months and counting. :surprise: Of course I forgot they didn't start building them till November I think.

#279 ·
I agree. I was going for a red with matte black look at first, but once i saw that blacktop RT destroyer gray i was hooked! You wouldn't be disappointed.

#282 ·
I called FCA to see about typical build times. The guy I spoke to said he had some current run times for build outs and they were as follows:

Order placed to D1 - 3 weeks
E - J - approx 2 weeks
K - KZ and delivered - approx 2 weeks

Now we'll see how close to reality this is. Although, he was surprised that I had a VIN in less than 24 hours. So maybe that is promising.

#283 ·
That's 7 weeks, seems too long. My 16 SRT was D in one day, D1 in two weeks then built by the next week. Shipping was twelve days, or average of 100 miles per day. Total time 35 days. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.