Charger Forums banner

Borla ATAK Cat Back

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  fivethirteen 
#1 ·
Disclaimer: I don't post often, and I'm not real sure where this belongs, so feel free to move it.

I picked up a Borla ATAK for my 2008 SRT. It was louder than I expected, but I've learned to work with it and like how it sounds now. I get slight drone from 1850-1950 and 2150-2250 rpms. I get solid drone from 1950-2150 rpms. The droning (even the 1950-2150) is easily covered by a stock radio setting of 10. It does not affect conversation. It's mostly annoying because it's present at 70 and 80 in my car on cruise control. 65, 75, and 80 up are all fine (no drone at all). This may vary from vehicle to vehicle and while I am stock, I do have an air intake and tune. YMMV.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. And since this post would be useless without video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K6q2koCtSA

#3 ·
This is one of the best videos I've seen for an example of how your setup sounds! Thanks for the post.

2014 phantom black rt max

#6 ·
Thanks - I wanted to just show what I'm looking for, and people tend to launch differently. Tires are getting a little old, so it was hard to not spin.

I'd really like to hear that (the S type) and the Corsa. Hoping to eventually hear them in person. It was difficult to get a feel for how not to be obnoxious with this, but now that I can mostly control it, I really like it.

#5 · (Edited)
I agree, great video! As far as the drone, I've got nothing lol. Sorry.h

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.