Charger Forums banner

Diablo confusion

4K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  Playhard 
#1 · (Edited)
I hooked up my Diablo Intune to my 12 Charger R/T today AFTER hooking the Diablo into my computer and the pop up window came up and said it was up to date and I was planning on putting the 93 Octane CAI tune on the car but this is the ONLY things on my list of tunes. Does anyone know why I can't find the 93 Octane CAI tune? On my Diablo settings it says my Diablo's Firmware info application is 1r04e. If you need any other information just please let me know.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I just tried to update it again and it still says the Diablo is up to date =(

#3 ·
I must be missing something. when I had my Diablo Intune DCX it only listed those three tunes you are showing in the picture. The 93 tune is known as the Diablo tune. I did not have a Diablo 93 cai tune listed on mine.

#5 ·
So the "Diablo Tune" is the 93 Octane tune? Can anyone confirm this because the Intune doesn't give me any details.

#6 ·
The Diablo Tune is the 93 octane tune.

2014 phantom black rt max

#8 ·
We are sure. Diablo tune is the 93 octane tune. Check the Diablo site if you want further confirmation.

#9 ·
I'll take all of your words for it. I just hate how they didn't label it as the 93 Octane tune.

#10 · (Edited)
Here's a screen shot from the Diablo site showing the 93 "diablo" tune listed.

Attachments

#11 ·
No worries. Try googling it. That's what I did to find more info. Diablo also have a forum and if you email or call their customer service is pretty good.

2014 phantom black rt max

#12 ·
I just sent out a message to Diablo asking them how to tune a CAI into my tune. It doesn't seem to be an option to tune in and it also seems like it isn't already pre-programmed into the tunes.

#13 ·
If all you have done is the cai the diablo tune should be fine without further adjustments. But it never hurts to ask. I can't remember if there's and adjustable parameters for that.

#14 ·
so far I've just done CAI and mid-muffler delete and 93 octane as far as performance. I've already looked through the adjustments and there is no options there either. I've looked on Diablo's forum and they said there is usually 4 canned tunes, "Diablo Tune (93 Octane)", "91 Octane", "Modify stock tune", and "CAI tune (93 octane, CAI tune)". Unfortunately I do not have a "CAI" tune canned to my Diablo Intune. Lol I hope my Intune isn't glitched or something.

#15 ·
Yeah I never had the cai tune as an option on my dcx only the 3. Maybe its on the Trinity and not the Intune. Not sure. Anyway, Diablo should be able to hook you up with a custom tune if needed but there might be a charge for that.

#17 · (Edited)
I don't want to come off harsh but I don't think we should have to order a custom tune just for a CAI when some people with different vehicles are getting it free in their canned tunes. Besides I kinda already know who I want to do my custom tunes but I am wanting to hold off on that until I do some major mods.

#19 ·
I know you have the V6 motor does that convert to the same for the 5.7L Hemi motor?

#20 ·
Yes it should work as well on the hemi as the pentastar. It helps prevent knock, which then prevents the computer from pulling timing.

You can also adjust the amount of spark advance, but I would not go there without it being tuned on a dyno, it's real easy to screw things up when playing with the timing.

#21 ·
Wouldn't adding 5% more fuel at WOT screw up the timing or cause knocking? I am not familiar with the A/F ratios but I've always been warned about them.

#23 ·
A little update. I installed the "Diablo Tune (93 Octane)" and also turned off the MDS, added firmer shift points, increased throttle boost 15% and reset my adaptations on my transmission and upon turning my Charger R/T on the whole car kinda shook a little bit...It wasn't anything super bad but it was kinda noticeable. I may have not noticed this before or maybe it was just a cold start but I was wondering if I am having an engine knock issue? I didn't get too much time to play around with it since it was so late and I didn't want to tick off my neighbors. The shaking movement was kinda like a left to right movement and on a scale of 1-10 I would rate it at a 2-3...I just don't know if this is normal and I've never noticed it before and I am paying more attention now since I am tuning or if this is new. I drove the car for about a mile or two and it didn't sputter or act up and I didn't have any issues at WOT...I actually had a harder time getting traction (that means there had to be SOME improvement). Could this be a result of a semi-cold start (the temp gauge was at the line BETWEEN the far left and middle line)? I am defiantly going to go back out there again tomorrow and see if it continues to do it. I am hoping it was just the car getting used to the new tune or something.

#24 · (Edited)
I would data log first after adding the diablo tune. Review the data and see if your experiencing any knock. If so, then you can try the above recommended 5% fuel add at WOT. I would recommend data logging after again to see if that eliminated the knock. This is one of the great things about your tool.

Everything you adjusted is what most people do with these tuners. Not sure on the shaking thing you described above. FYI, the canned tunes all come with 15% throttle boost built in. Verified by Diablo. Most of the performance improvement you feel comes from that as the tune itself only adds 12-15 hp max.

These tuners really shine when you start to really modify your Charger. They are needed for custom tunes.

#25 ·
I'm still new to this tuning stuff but what would I look at in the data log to see if I am getting a knock?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.