Charger Forums banner

2016 info/rumors/news...

26K views 87 replies 32 participants last post by  Rob440Magnum 
#1 ·
I know it's only February, and we're still wading through the 2015 stuff, but, a friend of mine, whom more often than not seems to be right, made a comment about something coming by the end of the year that would make me happy.

I'm not gonna say specifically what he said, because I'm not wearing my flame proof underwear right now. :wink3:

(and because I won't believe it until I see it...)

So, has anyone heard anything about updates and or changes that may be coming by the end of this calendar year? (which I figure would make it 2016 model year...)

#2 ·
*hands out a brand new flame proof underwear* you can speak now:grin2:

i would say a new engine that would replace the 5.7 and hopefully a new chassis or weight reduction at least .
maybe a manual transmission :driving:
wait .. could it be ... a 2 door charger?
we will have to wait and see

#5 ·
I've been told that something is happenning, but I have not been told the logistics of it, and because it could be done a number of ways, it just makes me wonder.

But I'll say this, if what he said actually happens, I'll trade in my '11 Challenger faster than you can refresh this web page!

#3 ·
2nd generation Pentastar V6 engines to include direct injection and turbochargers. Possibly Fiat's multi-air technology as well.

Refreshed Dodge Dart and Journey. Also to include new SRT models (2017).

Supercharged Dodge Viper (Dodge can't let the halo car be outperformed by a 4 door sedan).

The end of the Dodge Durango... Yet again... Supposedly a new Jeep Grand Wagoneer is coming.

Many rumors out there. Just have to wait and see what happens.

#4 ·
I heard the whole lineup is going driver-less.

#7 ·
I know it's only February, and we're still wading through the 2015 stuff, but, a friend of mine, whom more often than not seems to be right, made a comment about something coming by the end of the year that would make me happy.

I'm not gonna say specifically what he said, because I'm not wearing my flame proof underwear right now.
This could possibly be the most pointless thread on this forum.

:slap:

What's the mysterious 'something' ???

#15 ·
Did they decide to redo the front end of the new model Charger and not make it look so much like the dart? Sorry I am still not too fond of it lol. I love the aggressiveness I get when I drive my 12 Charger.

#37 ·
1} They're going to redo the Dart's front end so folks like you stop having anything to complain about. Suddenly you'll like the Charger.

2} Imagine the aggressiveness you'd get if you had a 2006-2010 Charger with an actually aggressive front end instead of the softy 2012 you've got. Trust me... we're talking constant carrections.

See how opinions work? <Grin>

#19 ·
OP is an attention whore.... I heard that we will have the option of automatic, manual, and fully automated. Driverless hellcats will be pretty popular I bet.

#20 ·
I wouldn't count on anything huge for 2016 cars outside of some changes to the available colors.

I've got friends who WORK for Chrysler, and I could fill a book with the "coming soon" things I've been told that never turned out being real.

#21 ·
Ok, ok, I'll say it, but don't shoot the messenger. (cringes in corner awaiting the beating)

I was talking with a friend about cars, and I made my usual comments about a certain sedan, and he said "Don't worry, there will be a two door by the end of the year".

I asked him to prove it, and I got the whole "I could tell you but, I'd have to kill you" routine, accompanied by "trust me, it's coming".

Couldn't get another word out of him about it after that.

Again, I'll believe it when I see it... (and after 8 years, I don't get my hopes up without proof...)

#27 ·
I was talking with a friend about cars, and I made my usual comments about a certain sedan, and he said "Don't worry, there will be a two door by the end of the year".
It wouldn't make any sense for Dodge to make a two door Charger. Why would they sell two coupes from the same platform/engine/etc? Calling BS on this one.

#32 ·
I've never understood all the heart burn over the lack of a 2-door Charger. Sure, the original Charger was 2-door, but it makes no sense to me to offer a 2-door Charger to compete with the 2-door Challenger. What are you really gaining here? If you want a 2-door, buy the Challenger.

#34 ·
And, again, why does it have to compete with the Challenger? I don't think anyone has ever said they should. IF they ever made a 2 door Charger, it should be the same size (length) as the current sedan, if not even longer. IE, IF both the current Challenger and a 2 door Charger existed at the same time, one would be a big 2 door sedan and one would be a coupe.

Also, I would argue that most people that want a 2 door Charger, would not care if Dodge eliminated the Challenger to do so.

Your "they can't compete against each other" arguments do not hold water, not because it's not true, but because noone wants them to compete agaisnt each other.

Face it, if they had named the current sedan a Coronet, or a Polara, then the car that became the Challenger would probably be a Charger, and we probably wouldn't even have a Challenger...and lots of people would have been ok with that...

Noone is asking for both...

#35 ·
And, again, why does it have to compete with the Challenger? I don't think anyone has ever said they should. IF they ever made a 2 door Charger, it should be the same size (length) as the current sedan, if not even longer. IE, IF both the current Challenger and a 2 door Charger existed at the same time, one would be a big 2 door sedan and one would be a coupe.
LOL doubtful. I highly doubt Chrysler wants to spend valuable R&D money building a coupe bigger (and heavier) than the Challenger, which is already a porker. When they talk about a new coupe in the lineup, I'm thinking a smaller, lighter, Hemi-powered Mustang and M3 killer is in the works. Wishful thinking, but I'm hoping for 3400-3600lbs, powered by a range of engines, including the 5.7, 6.4, and maybe even the Hellcat 6.2.

Not to mention there already is a 2-door Charger. It's called the Challenger. Sure, the Charger may be longer, but I think the size increase is negligible (like a few inches, if memory serves). That's what we mean when we say a 2-door Charger competes with the Challenger. They are the same car built on the same platform and chassis, utilizing the same drivetrain (minus the choice of manual in the Charger), suspension, and brakes. They'd cannibalize each other's sales.

#36 ·
The next 2 door performance vehicle will come in the next generation...most likely to appear in 2017 or 2018 depending on how successful the current refreshes are.

It is expected to be based on a smaller Maserati platform and won't be like the Charger/challenger platform we know today. It may or may not have a V8 engine but it will probably still put down class leading HP at the higher trim levels.

No one knows if it will eventually carry the Charger or Challenger name but both are currently attached to the next generation plans. It is uncertain if the 2 and 4 door variants will be on the same platform or different ones like today, but both types will most likely be made available on way or another.

2018 is a loooong way in the future and the automotive industry is anything but predictable up until the last year before production.

Remember the Barracuda that was all but certain for 2015?

Reactions: GTO_04
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.