What Colour for my 2015 SRT?

• B5 Blue

Votes: 39 54.2%
  • Jazz Blue

Votes: 33 45.8%

Help me choose the Colour of my 2015 SRT

63K views 113 replies 36 participants last post by  Craiger 
#1 ·
I was sure that I was sure I wanted a B5 Blue, but then I considered the Jazz Blue.

Mrs. Flex prefers the Jazz Blue...

Now my last 5 cars have all been Black, so this is a stretch for me.

What say you?

#4 ·
I was thinking in your case going from black it might be less of a dramatic change selecting Jazz blue. Unless your looking for a dramatic change then I would lean towards the B5 blue. It shows off the black components of the car better like the grill and hood scoop. Either way it's going to be sweet.

#5 · (Edited)
Color preference is an entirely personal perspective, but as an artist and having spent many hours going back and forth with folks while doing images for them I have learned to "read" them and find what resonates with them.

In the long time I have known you here on the Forum, my instincts tell me that you will choose and be much happier with the Jazz Blue in the end.

How did I arrive at that?

Well, my feeling is that you were initially attracted to the B5 because it is bright, energetic and has a liquid appearance to it (all emotional, adrenaline base responses). There also seems to be some personal nostalgia involved in that color for you too.

However, now that it's decision time, it's too much of a departure from your basic nature. (hence this thread)

In the end you are a deep power guy (which is why black has been your choice so far) and the deep Jazz blue trips your sense of deep power.

The color blue alone is enough departure from the previous rides to satisfy your desire for something new and exciting. It's also sexy as hell in a sultry way...making it even more attractive (note the subliminal linkage to Miss Foxxxy in that it's her choice too).

In the end, I'll put $10 on the Jazz Blue as what you finally select.

:wink3:

Reactions: Part Deux
#7 ·
I have Jazz and hate black. I think Jazz is perfect for the black lovers thay wants something a little different than usual without going bright.

I will trade my jazz for B5 because I hate black and jazz is a bit too dark for me unless in direct sunlight. Got 3 pics to show you the shades it can become depending on your friend the sun

Attachments

Reactions: FLEX
#9 ·
My vote is for jazz blue. It's such a nice color. The B5 is cool but a bit too in your face for my taste. I saw a '14 jazz blue SRT and I liked the color so much on the charger I almost got it.

2014 phantom black rt max

#11 ·
You should have included Black in your poll, I'd bet that's what you're going to end up with. ;)

#12 ·
Lulz.

I actually thought of that afterwards. SRS.

But I really think I'm ready for something different.

Plus there is only one choice for wheels, and they are Black. And I'm not a big fan of black wheels on a black car.

Now I know I can change the wheels, but spending a few grand on a brand new car for different wheels is not gonna happen. Plus with the newer big brembos up front I know my options will be limited.

#16 ·
#19 ·
My vote brought it back to 50-50, we're being a huge help with this lol. I would say Jazz Blue, B5 is cool and in your face but having also had darker colored cars myself I'm partial to the classier and more timeless look of black or dark colored cars. Good luck!

#22 ·
I like the b5 a lot its such a classic color IMO. But I don't know that I could do the B5 everyday. I'm a pretty modest guy, so the jazz may suit me better. But that B5... whew it's nice.

#24 ·
I placed my order on a 15' Charger SRT 392 back in December, should arrive Feb 14 (last update I got) I originally wanted black but then thought that it would hide the beautiful new grill, I wanted it to pop. Then I saw the Jazz Blue and fell in love with it, perfect for me, at night it looks black at day its blue. I also loved the Jazz Blue / Sepia leather interior combo and I think the red Bremo brake calipers pop out. I cant wait to have it. I will post pictures when I get it. Just my 2 cents.

#25 ·
Both blues are great choices. And most of the prior posters have made good points. I voted for B5 because of it's wonderful uniqueness. Don't be afraid of a bold color. It's a Mopar tradition. :grin2:

#26 ·
Thanks for all the comments everyone.

I've pretty much settled on Jazz Blue. I've already begun configuring the car with a dealer near where I work. I went in on Thursday.

Blows my mind how little these guys know about the cars they are selling.

They didn't have a single 2015 Charger on the lot nor did they even have a freaking brochure.

Anyway I will update again when I officially put the order in.

#28 ·
I think it just depends on the dealer and who you talk to. A few weeks back I went to the dealer to help my Mom look for a new Jeep, and I had the same salesman that sold me my Charger back in August help us. They had a chally hellcat in the showroom, and I started talking to him about the hellcat charger and and challenger and he seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about both. He told me people were asking about ordering, and even started talking some specs with me.

#29 ·
I've pretty much settled on Jazz Blue. I've already begun configuring the car with a dealer near where I work. I went in on Thursday.

Blows my mind how little these guys know about the cars they are selling.
Sounds like dealership near my work, but in Brampton.
Account Managers' help was required.... the salesman was unable to sell the car/answer the question, and it wasn't new 2015 model, but 2014 R/T.

#30 ·
Flex, So did you pull the trigger yet and order your Jazz Blue SRT?

In talking with the wife today after showing her my screen saver of the B5 Scat Pack RT she said I need to get it in red. Small steps. The seed has been planted.

Reactions: POWERMAN
#31 ·
#34 ·
Jazz Blue all the way! I hate the B5 color, especially when I saw Ford did it, and now Dodge has buckled to the Smurf blue pressure, just a smurf turd head turner. My opinion of course, and either way it'll be a beautiful car...but when given the option, go for the classy mature look

#35 ·
Jazz Blue all the way! I hate the B5 color, especially when I saw Ford did it, and now Dodge has buckled to the Smurf blue pressure, just a smurf turd head turner. My opinion of course, and either way it'll be a beautiful car...but when given the option, go for the classy mature look
Not quite. B5 has been a Mopar color since the late 60s and was even used on the '08 Superbee.

It was called "Petty Blue" at one time in history...

Attachments

#36 ·
I'm aware Mopar has had that color for a really long time, and it looks great on an actual racecar, but still a Smurf color through and through, which I just think is tacky for such an amazing car otherwise, and takes away from the fact that you just spent $60K plus on a monster with a color that should compliment the decision, not detract...again all my own opinion, and I drive only white cars and only ever will, so my credibility on what color looks best is practically null when I choose no color at all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.