Charger Forums banner

help me think of a custom license plate

5K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  CHERRY 
#1 ·
so i dont like the fact that there is a part of my car that isnt customized just the way i like it... and the license plate is that part. i want my license plate to be something chosen by me.

im trying to incorporate the car as well as the computer into the license plate... i was thinking HEMIHZ and HEMI XP but i think theyre both too obnoxious. (if i didnt have a charger, i would make fun of people with "HEMI" plates, its just a little too much for me. ...dont worry, i would laugh at "VTEC POWA" plates too :tongue:)

i thought about "340-340" (340 horsepower, 340 gigabytes) but civilians arent allowed to have license plates that are just #s

so far, my best idea (in my opinion) has been DCXP ... its short, to the point, and few will understand it. like i said, i dont care if its cryptic, i just want it to be mine.

i know there are some creative people on here, anyone have some good ideas for a plate?

#10 ·
shrinkydinx said:
so i dont like the fact that there is a part of my car that isnt customized just the way i like it... and the license plate is that part. i want my license plate to be something chosen by me.

im trying to incorporate the car as well as the computer into the license plate... i was thinking HEMIHZ and HEMI XP but i think theyre both too obnoxious. (if i didnt have a charger, i would make fun of people with "HEMI" plates, its just a little too much for me. ...dont worry, i would laugh at "VTEC POWA" plates too :tongue:)

i thought about "340-340" (340 horsepower, 340 gigabytes) but civilians arent allowed to have license plates that are just #s

so far, my best idea (in my opinion) has been DCXP ... its short, to the point, and few will understand it. like i said, i dont care if its cryptic, i just want it to be mine.

i know there are some creative people on here, anyone have some good ideas for a plate?
It all depends upon how many letters your state will let you put on the plate. Texas only lets you put on 6 letters, the more letters the more fun you can have. For me personally I settled on NXT LVL. Next level for my SRT8.
Also go to Ask.com and query latin phrases. Man you can get some real good
ones to abbreviate on a plate and they will get by the censor patrol cause they will have no Idea what you are trying to say:D Not that you would say anything that would have to be censored:whistle:

I almost used VELCTR, Velociter which if I remember correctly means
fast or quickly in Latin.

Have fun

#11 ·
wiesek said:
It all depends upon how many letters your state will let you put on the plate. Texas only lets you put on 6 letters, the more letters the more fun you can have. For me personally I settled on NXT LVL. Next level for my SRT8.
Also go to Ask.com and query latin phrases. Man you can get some real good
ones to abbreviate on a plate and they will get by the censor patrol cause they will have no Idea what you are trying to say:D Not that you would say anything that would have to be censored:whistle:

I almost used VELCTR, Velociter which if I remember correctly means
fast or quickly in Latin.

Have fun
7.5 letters

(7 and a space or hyphen)

#12 ·
Got one....I liked Hemi-byte earlier....but won't fit nicely.
But, how bout:

HEMI Hz
or HEMI HTZ

Lotsa ways that can be interpreted and covers both your lives.

#15 ·
7 letters, ok here are some of the ones that I came up with during my search for the perfect plates, these are all Latin except for the first four.

SPOILD spoiled
WKD 4IT worked for it
CYIMBRK see why im broke
LOVN LFE Loving life

MEACLPA Mea Culpa means (my sin) My wife thought that this one fit me
and my car the best since I spend more time with the car
somedays

ACDOTUM Acendo Tuum (best translation is Up Yours) :D

EXCTDRA Ex Cathedra (with authority) I thought that this one was fitting
for a Charger

OBSCURM Means (darkness) since my charger is black

MODSVIV Modus Vivendi (way of living)

SATIS Satis means (enough) basically I didnt want anything more
after I bought the car, but Ive since been glad I didnt choose
that one since I discovered Modding :rockon: :rockon:

Hope these help you pick a good one.

#18 ·
dexterthedog said:
If you've got front plates where you are go for:
TI 3VOM
Read it in the mirror.
My new favorite,, Rats I wish Id thought of it before I got my plates

#19 ·
Roman numerals are good, too, because most people have not thought of them. I had CDLV on a 455-powered Cutlass one time. A few people got it, but very few (Four hundred fifty five in Roman numerals). For those that didn't, I told them it stood for Cross Dressing Lesbian Vampire.

#25 ·
My new plate is "HEMI NV?" - HEMI ENVY?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.