Charger Forums banner

Best brake pads for SRT

12K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  KM580 
#1 ·
OK...I'm excited...ordered a '17 SRT yesterday...Billet/Black Laguna/Red belts...they tell me it's "very possible" it could arrive before Xmas.
I'm finding out that the 6 piston Brembos up front throw a horrendous amount of dust. So...I'm researching replacement pads. What do you guys use? Many threads mention PowerStop ceramic...either the Z16 or Z17 Clean Ride Ceramic. Any input on these? This SRT will be an everyday driver here in SoCal which means alot of "brake work".
Any other brands that are quiet and with minimal dust?? Appreciate the input...love you guys...thanks.

#2 ·
Where did you hear that? I have 4 piston brembos and I don't see nearly any dust with my OEM setup?

Sent from Motorola Droid Turbo

#5 ·
Bummer.. wonder what's different to cause that. I've had 2 SRT's and neither had that problem.

#7 ·
That's a considerable size difference. Well I'd suggest buying some good wheel/brake dust cleaner haha.

#8 ·
It's not just the wheels, the dust gets everywhere including fender wells and even the side of the car! They stop like you wouldn't believe but there should be a compromise for street drivers. Now I know why Hellcat has black wheels! [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#9 ·
They are extremely dusty.

+1 more vote for PowerStop Z23 pads. Have used them in 3 different SRTs now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.