Charger Forums banner

What did you do to your charger today?

1M views 7K replies 716 participants last post by  Random69 
#1 ·
saw this on the LX so i thought I'd start one here,

cleaned it from the inside and outside and about to buy a catch can :D

what did you do?

#3,907 ·
I painted the inner bowl of the tips after work today with some metallic dark grey engine paint. I like the look a lot better now, it is more subdued, not so much of an "in your face" ricer look.

Attachments

#3,914 ·
Put the summer wheels on today. Summertime, you may now begin!!! Now just waiting for the Danko door scoops and I'll be a happy camper.

#3,922 ·
I replaced the honeycomb grilles on my front end to new ones and replaced the crappy fog lights with JW Speakers 6145 LED fogs.

#3,928 ·
LOL..tbh I felt kinda guilty making them adjust the tips till I was satisfied...it is welded on so I HAD to be sure

How do you like the sound?
Thanks to you the cabin noise has been cut down dramatically...but I can't help but think that the exterior noise seems to be a bit more louder when I step on it.

Maybe I'm just imagining it or the tips actually did increase sound somehow..?
Either way I'm one happy camper!

:grin2:

Not sure what to do next...aftermarket hood? Coilovers?
AvidCode to disable DRL's + Oracle Halo's?

#3,929 ·
Just made the appointment for Monday to get the same thing, but they will have to move my cherry bombs back and then weld on magnaflow dual rolled tips. He quoted me an hour labor, and I told him they will be a PITA to get the top bolt removed. Did they have to mount any brackets so that your bumper was more secure? I heard that the bumper is really loose with the tips removed? The tips look pretty much like yours. What brand are yours? Are your edges rolled, because in the pics they look more single walled? The magnaflows are pretty pricey, but they were the only ones he had in stock and gave me a great deal on them, because they were ordered for someone else awhile ago and he didn't want to sit on them anymore. Thanks for any info you can give me!!!

#3,930 ·
Did they have to mount any brackets so that your bumper was more secure? I heard that the bumper is really loose with the tips removed? The tips look pretty much like yours. What brand are yours? Are your edges rolled, because in the pics they look more single walled? The magnaflows are pretty pricey, but they were the only ones he had in stock and gave me a great deal on them, because they were ordered for someone else awhile ago and he didn't want to sit on them anymore. Thanks for any info you can give me!!!
The rear diffuser was fine.
They could not remove the top bolts so it was left intact.
Instead I suggested they cut that area where you can see it meet:

I didnt want to wait there for long since I was oncall after 5pm that same evening.

I went for the T601 -3R and 3L tips listed here: http://solo-performance.com/exhaust-tips

I loved how these tips looked..and the way they were angled seemed to contour to the bend of the rear bumper

#3,932 ·
[quote

I went for the T601 -3R and 3L tips listed here: http://solo-performance.com/exhaust-tips

I loved how these tips looked..and the way they were angled seemed to contour to the bend of the rear bumper[/quote]

Thanks. Those do look nice. The ones at the muffler shop I went to are these. They are angle cut, but both tips are the same length, not staggered. I kinda like your staggered cut a little better, but he gave me $50 off if I went with the ones he had stocked. I may end up just having him cut the top bolt off too. Will save me $$ in labor than to try and have him save it.

Attachments

#3,934 ·
Just an aesthetic opinion, but IMO the Solo tips also look better because they have the beveled edge instead of the rolled look.

#3,946 ·
Ordered new torque converter (3000) stall, flex plate , 1000hp driveshaft, 1400 hp axels.
Will do install when they arrive, also change supercharger pulley 10psi boost, dogbone for idler gears, custom tune, all parts from Arrington (shop hemi).
Engine is 5.7 stroker 392 cam and heads.
Makin 530 hp rear wheels now with 6 lbs boost, timing retarded for 91 octane.
Will keep ya all informed as to progress!

#3,947 ·
Well, got the dual tips installed. Tech said it only took 20 minutes to remove both stock chrome tips and didn't chop them off either. Only thing that took a lot of time was to cut off the cherry bombs and have them re-welded towards the front of the car to make room for the tips and get them even. Took almost 2 hours to do that. I can't believe how mellower and deeper of a tone it has now. Man, I am loving the sound and how they look!

Attachments

#3,949 · (Edited)
Looks like Dave is at it again!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: ............. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

#3,954 ·
That looks really good! Where did you get the plugs for the holes from the previous plate mount?

#3,952 ·
Yeah I know what you are talking about. The old 3.5's they used to put out put a bad reputation as well as a bad taste in my opinion. When I test drove mine the sales man, a friend of mine, told me it would put you in the seat when you stomp on it. He wasn't lying. Im interested to see what they do to the pentastar in the future, heard a lot of things in the ever wonderful rumor mill.