Charger Forums banner

2014 SRT Super Bee - resonator delete

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Ddaddy 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I was looking to get more sound from the exhaust and decided to have my resonators removed. And while I was at it I replaced the stock chrome tips with some black powder coated ones. I'm really happy with the results.

I posted a video to my YouTube channel it you would like to hear the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKuKIhtLqFY

#2 ·
She sounds good! Generally cheap way to get some nice sound from an otherwise modest exhaust note. :bigthumb:

#4 ·
You know, I'm really not sure what Drone is to be honest. I had the tips extended out further than stock to throw that sound a bit further back which someone said would help with that. To me it sounds great, I like loud exhaust, and I don't notice anything when MDS kicks in or out. I figure if it gets to bother me I can just turn up the music anyway.
I will say when I started it up at the gas station today, heads turn.

#6 · (Edited)
Yeah, sounds like you have it!

Drone usually happens at certain RPM's and where the exhaust gets pretty loud and sounds different than it does at other RPM's!

LOL, and on a side note, please try not to shoot your videos vertically, it is a BIG no no!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA

#8 ·
Cool Man, How are you liking the Bee? Any other plans for mods in the future?

Nice ride

#16 ·
Thanks Dan, I'm loving my Bee. For now I'm just adding some purple to the interior, I started with yellow but it was a little to in your face. I swapped out all the stock interior bulbs with LEDs, made a huge difference.
I really want to do something with the headlights...just don't know what yet.

#9 ·
Yeah, you have some drone going on there. But as far as having drone when the MDS kicks in,
I was under the impression that the SRT didn't have the MDS feature? Am I mistaken on this?
I just can't keep up with the different years/models that have or don't have MDS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.