Charger Forums banner

Help installing HID fog lights

13K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  1172scorp 
#1 ·
So I thought there was a thread (with pictures) on how to get to the fog lights but I can't seem to find it.

If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

I have the option of using a car lift so I am not sure if it is easier to go through the wheel well or through the bottom of the car because the lift won't help if I have to go through the wheel well.

Thanks in advance for any help

#7 ·
Pal, I have an '08 too, try to remove at least four screws from the pan below the fogs, then pull off the two or three clips in back of the pan and front of the tire (not the ones in the fender lip). In that way I can reach the fogs from below without removing the plastic lock pins. The ballasts can be installed from above, if you have a thin arm and a lot of patience like me. Try it and let us know... Its not easy, but in that way I don't have to buy new plastic lock pins.

#8 ·
When I did my fogs, I removed 3 of the center pin plastic rivets, not the solid ones in the upper lip of the fender well, Then I removed the forward skid shield. It had about 10 hex head screws and dropped the entire front cover. This gave me complete access under the lower nose area and easy access to the fog lights.

I then used double sided 3M tape and mounted the ballasts to the lower frame section (like a little shelf) of the metal fender brace.

I was able to do all of this without jacking up the car or removing the wheels. Ive done this both on my car and a friends 06 Daytona.

#9 ·
thanks for the help guys. I was able to get the 3 push pins and one of the bottom ones out to then use my flashlight to hold the wheel well away from the front fender. This allowed me to get my hand in there and plug everything in, zip tie the wires and mount the 2 boxes on the 2 frame railes that run the lenght of the front end.

I was only able to do the driver side though because it got dark and I was doing this in the Michigan winter....tonight I tackle the passenger side!

#11 ·
This thread will give you the answer:

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137751

My friend Reconmarine did it (installed fog HIDs on his Charger 2010) and had excellent results. But its not a plug-and-play kit, you have to do some things to make it work.

Hope this help you... :beerchug:

#12 ·
H16 bulbs will fit 2010 factory fogs with minor modification to the bulb. The harness connector will need moderate modification to fit to the factory harness connector.

#13 ·
Got it. H16 with some splicing into the original fog light wiring. I'm going to go ahead and put in the anti-flicker capacitors because when I did have the 9145 kit hooked up, they flickered badly. This might not be the case with everyone.

#14 ·
Guys, I'm REALLLLLLLY sorry for bringing back this year old thread, but I have a 2010 and it's really difficult dealing with these jacked up fog lights that they HAD to change. But to anyone with experience, how do I connect the OEM halogen bulb harness to the ballast? Do I need to buy some sort of adapter? Or do I only need the ballast and the bulb? I heard you had to splice the wire or some sort of modification to connect it, but I don't see how you can splice the wire into the ballast. Once again, sorry fellas, I'm not a gifted electrical engineer.

If the red connects to the bulb, and the white is the female connector to the OEM harness, how do i splice them? Thanks guys :)

#16 ·
There is no need to splice any wires. The factory connector pugs right in but reverse the polarity( turn the connector the opposite way). You will probably need a ECE(error code eliminator) for your lows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.