Charger Forums banner

New Charger Owner from Virginia. Previous STI & Mazdaspeed Guy

4K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Aetherfury 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! I recently bought a 2013 Charger R/T Max AWD and I'm really excited about it!

People from the Subaru/Mazda scene might know my name from a bunch of over-the-top videos I have made in the past haha. I am 33 now and I felt like I needed a grown up car so I sold my 2011 STI and bought the charger. I originally wanted an SRT8 but the extra price and the "random" weather we have in Virginia pointed me towards the AWD.

This is the YouTube channel for the older videos I have: http://www.youtube.com/aetherfury

I have an almost 3 year old daughter and another one on the way next month. I work in computers and am into photography.

It's getting tinted this week and should be installing an LMI Air Hammer & Flowmaster Force II exhaust in the coming weeks. I'll post write-ups and sound comparisons when I do. I planned on not modifying it, and was able to wait around 20 days before ordering parts, so I'm very proud of myself ;)

I have been lurking here reading stuff for a while, and it seems like the three communities seem to get along pretty decently. At least better than the Speed3 communities did originally.

My new car!

Previous cars I have owned or driven as company demo:

2011 STI (intake/exhaust/accessport)

2010 MazdaSpeed3 (intake/exhaust)

2013 Kia Optima SX-L

2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan

2012 Nissan Maxima SV

2012 Nissan Altima SR

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8

2009 MazdaSpeed3 GT

2008 Mazda RX-8

2007 MazdaSpeed6 Touring

2006 VW Passat 3.6

2005 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey I pmed you, I thought it was a old post, didn't realize it's from today.
Please share your thoughts

#3 ·
#5 ·
#7 ·
Welcome from the great Empire of Virginia..oh wait...Your from here to....Don't have to tell you anything..:)

#10 ·
Thanks guys! Haha north central Virginia. It is funny how like some people around where I live get all pissed off if someone says "oh you live in Virginia" and they are like "no, I live in NORTHERN Virginia" like it's practically DC.

I keep moving further and further out. I lived in Fairfax, moved to Centreville, then Gainesville and now Warrenton. The city is following me!

I just got the flowmaster Force II kit installed last night and I'll be doing a video next week after the intake

#12 ·
Big Congrats on your new car. It looks awesome. I absolutely love my AWD R/T Max. I've finally gotten into some real snow and the car performs AWESOMELY.

I've got 13,000 miles on my car and it's not been in the shop yet. Very pleased and I'm sure you will be too.

#13 ·
welcome from Leesburg. Warrenton is expanding outward, but lemme tell you western Loudoun County is still wide open; horse farms, cattle farms, goats, chickens (and no cable or internet in some spots).

#14 ·
Being from Leesburg you must be able to appreciate my 20 mile commute down 66 every morning from Gainesville to Fairfax haha. I was driving the 6-speed STI every morning and by the time I got to work I could barely walk.

I'm enjoying it more now that I have a decent stereo and cup warmers!

to Stevens12- I got the AWD specifically because we have completely out of control weather here, and I think it was last year we had this massive snowstorm that shut down the entire area and I still managed to drive home from work in my Subaru. I've heard good things about the Charger in bad weather and I already can't believe how well it hooks up in the rain!

#16 ·
Welcome from the D.C. suburbs! Err, well... Fredericksburg..... but hey, these days its all the same now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.