Charger Forums banner

GoodYear Eagle F1 GS-D3 ?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Night-Rida 
#1 ·
OK, gonna have to get some new shoes. Going from stock 225/60/18 stock Contis. To 255/55/18...on stock rim.

Question is, how are these tires?

Live in NC, and want something that is better than stock, wider and does not wear down easy. Also, if for some reason we get some snow "rare" not riding on the road like a hippo on skates.

Please help in any way before I brake off close to a grand on new shoes.

#2 ·
sounds great the new size!!!

somebody with wide tires with the stock rims ??(18")

#11 ·
Well I just order some 255-55-18 nittos 420s, they'll be on probly in a week or so.. I've read they are good tires for cheap.. :rocker:

#3 ·
come on...I know a lot of members have these....hook a homie up

#5 ·
Suggestions on tire......Ill take anything...looking at the Eagle Response Edge also.

#7 ·
I know for a fact many have ran these same tires.....i guess no one likes them at all.

#8 ·
i cant stop laughing.

#10 ·
bump, bump and more bumps LOL

Ok - here you go. Not your size, but I went from the stock Michelin 235/55/18’s to the GY F1 GS-D3 245/55/18. The stockers lasted me about 31k mi. Currently, I’m at 76K mi and I just put on my 3rd set of said GY's. Love them in the rain and when dry. Drove them in the snow/slush, about 1.5” deep, on Easter here in central TX and that is not something you want to do very often. Driving very carefully was not a problem, slick but not a problem. Driving them in near freezing weather or snow is not recommended. Just put my 3rd set on 11 days ago up in MA and they are handling great in this rain that PA and VA got today. Your driving style will dictate your tread life, I got about 20k out of each of my first two sets – I don’t do burnouts and I try hard not to chirp my tires. I do drive fast and love taking turns in the car. I hope this will help you in your decision making process. You could check out the ratings (& reviews) at Tirerack.com. Also had a set of these on my Mustang and they were a great match for that car and my driving style.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.