Charger Forums banner

limp mode

13K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Dessie 
#1 ·
help ,stuck in limp mode any tricks

#5 ·
definantely get that baby into the dealer before she has anymore problems...
only trick i can think of is it to pull out fuses #11, 14, and 16 and have them removed for about 30 minutes or so and put them back in, but you CANNOT get them mixed, confused, or put back into the wrong spots otherwise the car will not work at all, all it does is reset the computer and would probably help, but then again the only reason it should be in limp mode is to prevent any more damage from occuring, so maybe not the smartest idea to do

well keep us posted on what you do!

#6 ·
definantely get that baby into the dealer before she has anymore problems...
only trick i can think of is it to pull out fuses #11, 14, and 16 and have them removed for about 30 minutes or so and put them back in, but you CANNOT get them mixed, confused, or put back into the wrong spots otherwise the car will not work at all, all it does is reset the computer and would probably help, but then again the only reason it should be in limp mode is to prevent any more damage from occuring, so maybe not the smartest idea to do

well keep us posted on what you do!
Sometimes it's a VERY transient glitch. My car went into limp mode as I pulled away from a stop sign, and threw a DTC about throttle response not correct (the electronic throttle idiot light went on, too). I shut off and restarted, and all was well. That was 5,000 miles ago... Total down time: less than 30 secs.

#10 ·
There is a reset button on the side of the shifter. Pull out the little plastic piece where you can store things beside the shifter and reach toward the shifter. You will feel a little button. Press it for a few seconds and it should reset your tranny.

C.

#12 ·
There is a reset button on the side of the shifter. Pull out the little plastic piece where you can store things beside the shifter and reach toward the shifter. You will feel a little button. Press it for a few seconds and it should reset your tranny.
I think you are talking about the mechanical release for the shifter that overrides the brake interlock if it malfunctions. I don't think there is a "reset" switch for the transmission.

Reactions: Dessie