Charger Forums banner

Muffler Delete Questions

7K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  NSTIG80R 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, so I have decided to go with the muffler delete and called my local Muffler shop. The guy said they have actually been removing the rear mufflers instead of the mids lately and that it sounds MUCH better. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, the pricing he gave me:

Rear muffler delete - $250
Mid muffler delete - $175

Thoughts or suggestions?

#10 ·
Sounds great. Thanks for the vid.

#13 ·
Thanks Guys! Yea, I am loving the growl and exhaust note. Starting it up in the AM is crazy. As far as differences between the 13 - 15 from an exhaust perspective I am not sure. I know the '15 has 15 more HP stock, right? I do agree that it sounds very similar to newer SRTs and Scat Packs with their Mufflers Deleted.

#15 ·
I had the GTHaus on my Jeep SRT and I wasn't disappointed at all with spending the money for it.

On the 2017 Charger SRT I did the mid muffler delete and its quieter inside and it has a better growl than the GTHaus.

#18 ·
Just be mindful that while this sounds good on the 6.4, it can create a lot of rasp on the 5.7. I'm actually thinking of putting in a Dynomax Bullet in the mid location and dropping the resonators.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.