Charger Forums banner

Throttle Body?

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Nickel9 
#1 ·
hey guys I have a 2013 5.7 Hemi R/T. K&N air system, mid Muffler Delete, now I want to actually try and start adding on some easy bolt on power. Is a Throttle body and/or TB spacer a good start? If so is spending the money on a 85mm BBK worth it? feel free to let me know if there's anything else you think I should start with or do before. This is my first charger, haven't had her long and just want to start getting some more power.

#2 · (Edited)
The best bolt-on will be a tuner (e.g. DiabloSport). Since you have a 2013 you will not need to purchase a unlocked PCM in order to use the tuner. The DiabloSport inTune i2 tuner will give you more HP/TQ, and other tuning options, than a larger throttle body or TB spacer.

http://www.diablosport.com/

Reactions: bharrison_25
#4 ·
As others have said you won't run into needing a Throttlebody until you get it tuned or more power adders. In my case on a 2015 SRT 392 a Throttlebody did help for over 5200 RPMs, after that point it just fell on it's face, turned out because the TB couldn't pull enough Air. I think the stock TB is the Same on the 5.7 and 6.4. I ordered a modified TB from Fastman who overhauls the entire TB and not just boring the opening and leaving the valve stock like others seem to do.

-Front Side Taper Boring: The opening of the 801 and 805 TB is Radiused and Taper Bored to almost 85mm leading back to the stock bore.
The 847 has had recent changes. It has the same radius and opening but now leads back to a bigger 82mm bore.
-Half Shaft: Modified Factory Shaft. The top of the shaft is removed providing extremely smooth airflow across the top of the blade and an additional +4mm more airflow at wide open throttle.
-(Optional) Backside Bore: I can also offer an optional Backside Taper Bore. The back side is taper bored to match the manifold opening very closely.

In the end it's up to you, but for the money a Tune, LMI TrueCAI, and LongTubes are all probably better money spent than a TB.

#5 ·
BBK used my car to test their TB. We had 1 peak hp gain and 7hp gains throughout the range. The car does drive better quicker response and I gained 1 mpg on my frwy commute. The car used to have like a flat spot in the torque curve where the car pulled hard til 3000 Rpms then not as hard for 2000 rpms and then hard again. After the TB that flat spot was gone and car pulls through entire range. The part was free to me so not sure of cost but I would imagine a tune and long tube headers would yield better results for the cost.

#7 ·
You can go onto the DiabloSport website and compare the two. They both provide the same programming/tuning parameters. The Trinity has a larger screen with customizable gauges and a 5V input for aftermarket devices (e.g wide band sensors, etc ...). Both do data logging but the Trinity has a larger data logging capacity.

#8 ·
Upgraded with the SpeedLogix 84mm TB and I am very satisfied with it. Have the T-1000 installed as well which helps compliment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.