Charger Forums banner

Is putting "Hellcat Stripes" on a 5.7 a no no?

4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  dragman 
#1 ·
Putting in my Daytona order at the end of the month and will likely go with a 5.7 (saves money, daily driver) I don't know how I feel about the Hemi and Daytona decals but really dig the older racing stripes that are now found on the Hellcats. Is it a major party foul to put these on anything other than an SRT/Hellcat?

#2 ·
You can add any style of stripe you like, but I would strongly advise against using any "Hellcat" badges or text. :D

And Welcome to the Forvm!

#4 ·
Stripes are just stripes. People were putting stripes on Chargers long before the Hellcat arrived on the scene.

Do what you want.

#5 ·
The mopar community is more zealous about "upbadging" than any other community i've been a part of (IMO) I saw on the challenger forums a guy changed steering wheels to the flat bottom wheel and someone almost burned him at the stake for trying to make it look like an SRT.

Badge it as a Hellcat, SRT10,8,6,4 whatever you want. It's your Car, don't let anyone tell you what you can or can't do to it. Real car guys will know the difference between a 3.6/5.7/6.4/6.2 without the badges though IMHO.

#6 ·
I don't want the stripes because they are hellcat stripes, I want them because I think they look amazing. Maybe I will find another exterior option that can help the car stand out. I don't plan on removing any or the Daytona badging either, I dig the Daytona.

#7 ·
Completely understand, what I meant to convey is that if you like the look, you should totally go with that look. The stripes definitely look cool, and I think your car would look great with them.

#9 ·
Stripes are fine, but actual signage is akin to a ricer putting racing stickers and fart can mufflers on his little FWD POS. Picture if you will, a Civic with a Hellcat badge on it.

If nothing else, you might find yourself being challenged for street races by other muscle cars who want to see how they do against a Hellcat. In this, you might help your Hellcat brothers, when these guys go to an actual Hellcat owner and challenge them to a race for money, thinking that because they beat yours that they can beat anyone's.

In any case, your car, put what you want on. Even a Chevy bowtie, if it so suits you. >:)

#11 ·
Upbadging? Did someone say upbadging? IMO this is what upbadging is, not a stripe. But like I said it's their car and they should do what they want with it.....Even if a Neon with a Hellcat badge makes me nauseous.

#13 ·
Like Flex said, stripes are just stripes. V6 Mustang's can have stripes, so can a GT500. They don't have a Hellcat decal or say Hellcat, do they? From what I see it's just two stripes down the middle. If that's all you're looking for, do it. I've seen plenty of Camaro's/Mustang's/Challenger's of multiple model's with the stripes. I don't think anyone would consider that upbadging.

#14 ·
My favorite is the Chevy Aveo Super Bee, that's great!

I never understood upbadging, or...cross-badging? I mean I guess it's your car, so do what you like,..but doing that is trying to make people think you have something better than what you do. Enjoy what you have, or work to get what you want. You just look like a clown doing crap like that. 20 years ago every import compact coupe was a 'Type R', that was sickening. Or, to narrow down, all of the Honda guys had 'DOHC VTEC' along the bottom fender, half the time it wasn't even the Si or Integra GS-R.

Reactions: Playhard
#15 ·
I think the Hellcat strips would look great. A lot of guy's stripe there cars. Just look around the forum.

My SP was used with only 400+ miles on her when I bought it and came with stripes. I thought they were vinyl and had plans on removing at least the Super Bee Logo on the doors. Anyway come to find out it was all painted on.

Anyway, Iv'e gotten a lot of positive comments from folks even at the dealership when in for service. Also, I haven't been kick off this board yet but you never no. :grin2: Scat Pack Super Bee RT rules. :beerchug:

#16 ·
It's your car do what you want.
I built a Cobra mustang one time and put a Shelby body kit on it. People always said is that a GT500?? I said no it's a cobra but since it's faster than the GT500 I figured no harm in borrowing the look LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.