Charger Forums banner

settings

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Telco 
#1 ·
I haven't looked all through my book yet I tend to never do that I'm the kind of guy that has a new phone and uses about 12% of what it's capable of. I have a couple questions I am curious if you nice folks would help me out with:

Every time I wash my charger the outside lights kick on then off then on????
Every time I start the car it automatically turns my seat heat and steering wheel heat on???

is there settings to change this or is it common place???
2014 RT MAX AWD

#2 ·
Do you have the key in you pocket when washing it? You could be clicking it on My car does the same. Now also with the heated seats and wheel. Go into your remote start options and should have that option in there to turn off.

#3 ·
The water activates the capacitive touch sensor under the door handles when you're washing it. If you leave your key farther away it might not see the key so it won't try to unlock when the water hits it.

And the heated seats and wheel come on when it's cold out (below 40 I think) and you remote start it. There is a setting to turn that off. When it gets hot the cooled seats will come on automatically.

#5 ·
Every time I start the car it automatically turns my seat heat and steering wheel heat on???
You are correct!

There is a setting that will automatically turn ON your heated seat when remote starting your vehicle.

This will only happen when it is below a certain temperature outside!

#6 · (Edited)
However, NOT correct on the headlights. There is a setting in there under lights that turns the headlights on when it detects a key fob approaching although I don't remember the actual verbiage but it's under something mentioning lights on the same setting screen where the seat warmer controls are set up. As you walk around the car, the car sees the fob moving away then moving back, so it kicks the headlights on. If you turn this off, this stops happening. My headlights do not come on when I approach the car, nor do I get a weird light show when washing the car anymore.

#7 · (Edited)
This would be on 2015+, as I do not have it on my 2014!

My headlights only come on at night time when:

(1) I remotely unlock my doors and it is dark outside and I have auto headlights on

(2) I grab the door handle and unlock my doors and it is dark outside and I have auto headlights on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.