Charger Forums banner

What did you do with your stock exhaust?

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  CpjMech 
#1 ·
Just curious what you did with the stock exhaust when you upgraded to an aftermarker catback system.

#2 ·
Some folks store them in case they want to put it back on. Others leave it with the muffler shop, who will then either sell it or trash it. Still others will try to sell it themselves. Then you get the freaks that turn it into yard art.

#4 · (Edited)
Then you get the freaks that turn it into yard art.
Lots of muffler shops use to display their yard art.

#5 ·
Previous owner did muffler delete.

#6 ·
I just did a mid muffler delete and left them at the shop. There is no point in keeping those suitcases in my opinion. If I ever would decide to put mufflers back on they, would be aftermarket ones anyways because a lot of the time, at least where I have went, they cut them off so short that it would be a pain in the ass to reattach them anyways, and there is a reason the stock ones came off in the first place.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I hate throwing ANY original parts off my car away. I know that not everyone can easily store parts but if possible it's always best to hang onto everything. What if you get this new "upgraded" cat back and it's too loud or drones, then what are you going to do?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

#8 ·
I've had that happen before but I ended up loving it, sure others didn't but since I sold that vehicle I have missed it every since. I use to be the same way, keeping every stock part and it just filled my garage up, reminding me that I'll never use any of it again. Worse possible case, I can always throw some aftermarket resonators and mufflers on.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Tucked my stock exh away in the rafters. Come time to trade in for the '16 and made the deal then went home and swapped the old stuff back on and resold aftermarket stuff and tuner to a buddy with a Magnum SRT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.