Charger Forums banner

My 2017 TorRed Scat Pack

12K views 88 replies 24 participants last post by  Playhard 
#1 ·
Picked her up today. While getting ready to leave the courthouse, a local Sheriff spun his Cruiser (Charger) around in the parking lot to come see.

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome. Congrats on the SP. I like the color. I want one of those lic. Plate frames. Where did you get it?

#7 ·
Congratulations on the new car! BEAUTIFUL! Really like the rims.

Thanks for sharing!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#8 · (Edited)
TY.... I wasn't sure about the hyper black wheels as I'm more of a chrome guy, but they play well off the black spoiler and other black accents.

I had the license plate frame made and it came from billet frames dot com..... They have several different frame colors, a bunch of frame styles, and a myriad of text options and colors.

I haven't broke the tires loose yet. I took it easy yesterday as I'm a stickler for the break in... but after, no guarantees. lol

Reactions: EddieFL
#9 ·
Yeah take your time and break her in right. You be spinning the GY before you know it. Lol.

#11 ·
Mopar CAI installed today

#12 ·
Where'd you get your Mopar Intake?

Nice car, BTW. Congrats.

#13 ·
#14 ·
Awesome. Like the wheels.

#15 ·
New garage sign.... I had some thin credit card size magnets and decided to put it on the fridge in the garage.

#18 ·
I was originally looking to get a GMG, but decided against it once I saw the new GMG in person. The new GMG is not the same as the 2006 version. I like the Green Go, but don't want 2 green vehicles. The Challenger I test drive was Redline and was a nice color, but it was a little dark for my taste.

Did you see a drop in intake temps?

On the stock I'm within 5-10f of outside air temp.
I've only driven locally since installing the Mopar CAI, with speeds around 40-50 mph. The temps was showing about 5-6 degrees. We'll see this coming week with highway speeds.

#19 ·
Removed the red R/T badge and replaced it with the Scat Pack Bee. I kept the bottom at the same height of the Charger on the driver side, but moved it in approx 1 inch as it is taller than the R/T and to give a little more room between it and the taillight bezel.

#20 ·
Can you take a few pics of the whole back. Want to see how it looks like as I've been toying with the idea for a while.

#21 ·
There was one pic I ran across on the Dodge website of a blue Charger with the Scat Pack Bee instead of the R/T. I was hoping they changed it for 2017, but unfortunately not. Sorry the pics aren't that bright, but it's already dark out.

#23 ·
There was one pic I ran across on the Dodge website of a blue Charger with the Scat Pack Bee instead of the R/T. I was hoping they changed it for 2017, but unfortunately not. Sorry the pics aren't that bright, but it's already dark out.
Looks Great. Was the emblem rounded a bit for a direct fit? Also is it made of aluminum and where did you get it. I like it. You can PM if you feel the need.

G

#22 ·
Nice SP. Hands down I think it's the best bang-for-the-buck offering in the Charger lineup. Pretty cool that you can get 485 ponies in a package that looks damned near like a Hellcat at quick glance.

And that SP Bee on the rear should be a factory install...the SP might be an R/T, but it really doesn't look or feel like one. To me it's more of a "tweener" between an R/T and SRT 392...kind of a trim level all its own.

#24 ·
The Bee emblem is the OE plastic emblem for the Challenger fenders. It came from a Dodge dealer selling parts on eBay. There are several listed, but I'd stay away from the ones from China as I've heard bad reviews on their quality and they look black instead of chrome like the OE. When I put it on, it fit flush against the panel. I held it in place, with light pressure, for about 5 minutes to ensure it securely adhered.

Also...... I checked the air temps on the way home (freeway) and the CAI temp stayed between 3-5 degrees of the actual outside temp all the way home.

#25 ·
I should hit the 500 mile break in sometime today. :driving:

She'll get her first bath today.

Catch can is still sitting on my work bench, waiting to go on.

#26 ·
Time to let her sing a little bit. Have fun and be safe.

#27 ·
Took her out yesterday and made sure the skinny pedal was fully operational. :bigthumb:

#28 ·
Figured I'd post this pic here as wel, since it shows the Scat Pack Bee better. The other pics made it look black, rather than chrome.

#29 · (Edited)
Took her out this morning and had a little fun. The rear end is SO easy to break loose. When the time comes, I'll be looking to put 275s on to replace the 245s.

Also checked and the spare tire, from my '14, clears the Brembos on the rear. I need to go back and check the front. I know there's a pump and a can of sealant fix a flat stuff in the trunk, but I'd feel better with a spare tire there instead.

#30 ·
My OCD kicked in, so I did some detailing under the hood.

#31 ·

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.