Charger Forums banner

First charger

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  SuperTrooper169 
#1 ·
I know all about Mustangs, but this is my first Dodge.

I just bought a 2014 RT MAX AWD. I got around 2K to spend on extra's to start with I stress start with LOL. here is what I am thinking:
Tint it out BLACK to match everything else
Black Chin spoiler
Black grill insert
K&N cold air
Cat back
Tuner
That should get me close to the look I want and a little noise and performance.

I will probably add headers and catless mids next time I have extra money, then blackout 20 rims and tires and suspension after that. What do you guys think?? I am a big time novice to what these cars like so I need advise. My last car was a heavy modded mustang so this is a new world to me.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. It's good to dream, Hope it all comes true..

Big John From New York City

#3 ·
Thanks,
I just want to spend money once and not double spend. When I did my mustang I put $14000 in it, then wished I just swapped out the supercharger could have got more and spent less. Trying to avoid that with this. :driving:

#4 · (Edited)
The CAI and exhaust will help with the sound and the tuner will help with the HP/TQ. The Hemi uses a Speed Density Table, rather than a MAF (mass air flow) sensor, to manage AFR (air/fuel ratio) and other engine parameters. So bolt-on modifications need a tuner to get any appreciable HP/TQ increase.

Congratulations on your first Dodge Charger (with a Hemi) and welcome to the forum

#6 ·
Welcome! Add a bored throttle body to that list.

#7 · (Edited)
Congrats! Skip the K&N intake and get yourself either a Legmaker aka LMI Hammer or True Cold Air Intake, or an AFE Stage II. Those are really the only ones proven to give HP over the stock air box. Exhaust is all dependent on what sound you like, but from my experience (and being you're coming from a Mustang) Flowmasters rob HP, so go with something straight through like Corsa, Boral or Magnaflow. I'd avoid the bored TB suggested above ^ because unless you're running a cam or going FI a bored TB is a complete waste of money. Been there done that and learned my lesson that there's nothing to gain HP there and Chargers are very picky with TBs so stick withe stock one and you'll be better off. Headers are a nice upgrade, but with all of these mods you'll definitely want a Diablo tuner as mentioned. It's a must to see any real gains with mods, especially if you get a custom tune you'll see great gains. If you want to make the transmission react like a muscle car transmission should, get yourself a Z Automotive TranZformer. One of the best mods per dollar out there. Line lock, launch mode, shift kit like chirps, etc. Good luck with the new Charger!

#10 ·
What exhaust and tuner did you order?

#12 ·
Ah nice! Word of advice. Use the tuner to turn your MDS (eco mode) off with the SLP catback. It'll drone like a 4 cylinder fart can exhaust when it goes into 4 cylinder mode. Life will be much better with it off. Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.