Charger Forums banner

Cold air intake (Rallye Pack vs. Mopar)

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Oliver 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

sorry if my english is not the best but I´m writing from Germany.
I´m interested in the Charger 3.6 SXT. I found in the options the Rallye Group, that consists also of a power lift to 300hp. In some description I read, that this is reached by a special cold air intake. I would like to know now, if this is an open system or a closed box system...(or also another engine mapping...??) Does somebody have pictures of it?

If it´s closed is it simply the bottom half of the Hell-Cat air-box with the additional inlet pipe?

Like this: h ttp :/ /w w w.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/68175164ac.htm + h ttp :/ /w w w.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/68207918ab.htm

And if open, is it then the Mopar intake?

h ttp ://w w w.moparonlineperformance.com/product-p/77070045ab_charger.htm

And does somebody know if this kit could be combined with the hood scoop of the Daytona?

h ttp :/ /w w w.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger/TA.html

Thanks and best regards

Oliver

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Honestly that SXT just has the 300hp from the true dual exhaust and not from the intake. My SE has 292hp from the factory and does not have the true dual exhaust. If I recall correctly the factory airbox is the same on the SE and SXT and does a fantastic job.

As for the scoop, the MOPAR or any other aftermarket CAI wouldn't benefit from that scoop due to its location. You'd have to fabricate some sort of intake that uses that scoop yourself. Hope that helps.

#3 ·

As for the scoop, the MOPAR or any other aftermarket CAI wouldn't benefit from that scoop due to its location. You'd have to fabricate some sort of intake that uses that scoop yourself. Hope that helps.
Thanks for your replay, but if I interpretate this picture correctly, the air of the scoop is led into the CAI-"housing":

h ttp ://w ww.allpar.com/photos/dodge/charger/2017/hood-scoop.jpg

Best regards

Oliver

#5 ·
That would be nice. Anyhow I think it´s not only the exhaust that gives the 300hp rating.

"Under the aluminum hood is Chrysler’s ubiquitous 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 engine that normally makes 292 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. My SXT test car came with a slightly more grunt thanks to the addition of the “Rallye Group” that adds a unique cold air intake, sport-tuned exhaust and revised engine calibration that increases output to 300 hp and 264 lb-ft of torque." Source: w ww.autoguide.com/manufacturer/dodge/2015-dodge-charger-sxt-awd-review-4197.html

And even on the offical Dodge Site they mention:
RALLYE GROUP: 3.6L PENTASTAR® V6 ENGINE WITH AN ACTIVE AIR® INTAKE FOR A 300-HORSEPOWER RATING

But nowhere I can find any more detiled information about this air intake or a picture....:serious:

Best regards

Oliver

#7 · (Edited)
The airbox is the closed one that and it is the same as the other cars (except for the SRT/Scatpack's etc that have the open filter).

Check out this OLD thread... the airboxes are the same, just a marketing ploy. The power difference comes from the true dual exhaust (see pics below)

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254609&highlight=

The duct you speak of (see pic) fits over the open Mopar cold air box, but you have to have the hood with the scoop built in for it to work (it also has drains so that you aren't pouring water onto the filter)

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
@krautmaster

Also from my side a big thanks for the link to the other thread. The pictures of the different exhaust systems are very intersting, too.
Is there also a difference in sound noticeable?

Regarding the scoop it was my fault, it´s only functional (leading air to the filter) for the Challenger T/A but not for the Charger Daytona. So I have the same question like AllStrobedUp, is it possible to add this Challanger air-duct to a Charger hood with Scoop?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.