Charger Forums banner

Delays for 392 Daytona?

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  SethGekko 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I ordered a Daytona 392 on 12/31. Dealer actually placed the order with the factory on January 4th. As of today, 2/8, the car is still in 'C' status. The description of C, is that they are 'assembling all the parts', or something similar to that. So, after 5 weeks, there still isn't a VIN #.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about production delays. My SRT 392 Challenger took 28 days from order to delivery, so I wasn't expecting it to be this long. I mean, it's not too long, but I'm surprised it hasn't made it to D status.

Is it possible there is shortage of 392 engines?

#6 ·
This is a POC and this is your confirmation of an ordered car in your name with the equipment and colors of how the car will be built. Dealer should give you this when he orders it. Also a good negotiating tool as it has invoice and other pricing you can work from to get the best deal. Needs to have your name on it too, otherwise it's just another dealer stock car which is usually lower priority.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Attachments

#4 ·
Ive heard that there supposedly is a delay with the Daytonas due to availability of the graphics package for them.

#5 ·
Graphics, wow, that's the last thing I would expect to be backordered for so long. Thanks Rainman!

The crappy thing is, I happened to drive by the factory storage lot south of Buffalo, and there are 100's of Chargers and Challengers sitting there. Every color and trim package. Row after row of SRT's, Daytonas, SP's, 392's, Hellcats. A literal cache of hemi's.
So, I know there are plenty of 392's and Daytonas built, waiting to be shipped. Just not to me :(

#7 ·
I agree that the delay being graphics is nuts... Good luck to you.... the waiting is the toughest part.

You didn't by chance see a TorRed SP sitting out there with my name on it? LOL Tentative ship date of tomorrow, but it was still in D1 status as of Tuesday afternoon. Going to call when I get home today for an update.

#14 ·
Glad you were able to get it straightened out. I'd go by and pick up a copy of the paperwork with your name and VON on it.

#15 ·
So I checked with Chrysler 2 days after the dealer said they corrected my order. It was D, and they gave me a VIN. They also said there is a "Dealer Priority" setting, and its usually a 1, and mine is a 99. So it sounds like they are trying to expedite my order. As of today I'm in F, which I believe is paint. That only took one week. So things are looking good now.

#17 ·
Holy Crap, this just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I have no faith in the folks manning the call center at FCA.
Let me list everything that has happened, for anyone who cares to read.

12/31 - Visit dealer, create a configuration preview with Sales Rep (nice guy, bought 3 cars from him before). No POC yet, as Sales Manager needs to do that, and he's off for New Years.
1/4 - Sales Manager creates order (I find this out later)
1/12 - I call Dealer. Sales rep looks it up, he says it's scheduled to be built.
1/20 - I call Dealer. Sales rep looks it up, he says it's scheduled to be built. He tells me it can take a couple months, and this isn't unusual.
1/20-2/8 - I wait patiently
2/8 - I call FCA. Takes the guy 20 minutes to find my order, as I don't have a VIN or VON. He looks through my dealers order history and finally finds it. He tells me it's 'C', and car is probably waiting for parts.
2/9 - SLIDD here suggests I check to see if it's a proper customer order, instead of Dealer Stock Order.
2/10 - I call FCA. After half an hour, they do figure out that it's only a dealer stock order, and could possibly not ever get built.
2/10 - I call dealer. Sales Manager says "wasn't my fault." He gets it fixed in half an hour.
2/13 - I call FCA. They give me a VIN #. YEAY!!! Status is D1.
2/15 - Dealer calls to let me know I'm D1. No shit, Sherlock!
2/20 - I call FCA. Phone rep looks up my VIN, he says I was updated that very day (2/20) to F status. I'm in Paint! Dealer Priority of '99' helped push it through. Estimated ship date 3/1
2/23 - I call FCA. Phone rep cannot find my car using my VIN. She looks it up by VON. Says I'm D1, and scheduled to be built. I tell her it was in paint 3 days earlier. She said that guy must have looked up the wrong VIN or something. She says my history does not show me calling on 2/20. I tell her I'm not crazy. She says it hasn't been updated since 2/12, when it first went to D1. Estimated ship date is still 3/1 (6 days away.
2/23 - I go to dealer to ask what the hell is going on. Sales rep brings it up on computer. D1, last updated 2/12, and Priority of 99. Estimated ship date of 3/1. And I finally get a POC printed out.
Today 2/27 - I call FCA. Phone rep looks up the car. Estimated ship date of 2/28. No status listed. No C, no D, no F, no KZ. Nothing. I ask why not. She says "my system doesn't show anything today." I ask how the estimated ship date changed from 3/1 to 2/28. She doesn't know, and reminds me that's an estimate. I tell her I'm not stupid, I know what an estimate is. But, why did it move up a day? I mean, that's tomorrow, and 4 days ago, it hadn't even supposedly started the build process. If anything, wouldn't it be a later date? She tells me to wait 48 hours and call back on the 29th. Yes, I was told to call on February 29th.

So that's where I'm at. Somehow I mysteriously got from D1 to Paint, back to D1. And now, the ship date has moved up a day, but they can't tell me what the actual status of the car is. And, apparently, 2017 is a leap year.

All I know, is there better be a bump in the total Factory Rebates for the month of March. No way I'm losing rebates because of my dealers screwup.

To be continued . . .

#18 ·
Unfortunately, the above doesn't surprise me.... I had my VIN in less than 24 hours and was at D1 shortly thereafter. Every time I called after that, it was still at D1 and the estimated shipping date changed more than once. One guy I talked to actually looked a little more and said there had not been any update since a few days after I ordered (no joke). He "put in a ticket" and the next time I called, I found out it went from D1 to being loaded on a rail car. Fingers crossed your new ride comes in soon.

#20 ·
It still could be built and ready to ship. They've been some like this. I remember a post and the guy was in the same situation with his car status going back and forth, the next day the car shows up at the dealer lol. Keep the faith.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.