Charger Forums banner

2017 Charger Super Scat Pack

13K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  RScottyL 
#1 ·
Donlen showing a Super Scat Pack coming for the end of the month, anybody got some info?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

#3 ·
On the ALLPAR forum they are guessing that it is the same performance mods as the Daytona 392 without the embroidered seats and decals. It would give everyone the option of having the SRT brakes...ect. (You can get the Daytona with the decal delete but that does not include the roof delete????. Just the hood and rear graphics deleted?)

#8 · (Edited)
Interesting. Scat Pack with an additional package maybe? Giving Scat Pack buyers the opportunity to have bigger tires and rims and bigger brakes. Like the RT in 2011 with the Super track pack package which upped the performance with 3 season tires, 3.06 axle, sport suspension and some other stuff.

#9 ·
Interesting. Scat Pack with an additional package maybe? Giving Scat Pack buyers the opportunity to have bigger tires and rims and bigger brakes.
That's what I'm guessing. Basically a Daytona 392 but without the stripes and with the Scat Pack Alcantara Suede seats.

Supposed to a Challenger version as well.

#11 ·
Should be the same equipment as Scat Pack, only addition is the SRT/Hellcat 6-piston front brakes (black calipers) and the forged black 20x9.5 wheels used on Hellcat in 2015 and 2016. Tires are Pirelli 275/40-20 P Zero Nero all seasons standard with P Zero summers optional. Option code is ACN and MSRP is $2,200.

#13 ·
They still haven't updated this yet, can't choose it as an option on the Dodge website!

I guess they will wait until tomorrow, as the current incentive end today!

#18 ·
Thanks!

Double checked with our dealership and yes, it is there!

He checked in Dealer Connect!

Invoice was about $1400
Price was $2200!

#17 ·
First post here. Only contact with Chargers has been delivering Police Pursuit (V6's so far) to the MD state police and renting a SXT AWD in Wisc/Minn 2 weeks ago.

I may be in the market after tax time and the Daytona 392 without decals and leather but with good stuff like big brakes etc would be in my interest zone. Does the 392 engine weigh much more than the 5.7?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-steve

#19 ·
Does the 392 engine weigh much more than the 5.7?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-steve
The 6.4L is based off the 2009 5.7L and does not weigh significantly more. Dodge shows curb weights of cars with 5.7L and 6.4L to be about 50 lbs or so apart so not much difference at all. The power difference you will definitely feel!

#21 ·
I think they make a fortune off of all of these sub trims and packages. How much cheaper are these trims and packages compared to the SRT? I think the gap is narrowing. I bought a 2012 RT road and track with all the options. Then I spent so much money trying to increase HP, looks, exhaust, etc.. to get close to an SRT. Slightly used SRT is the way to go IMO!

#22 ·
JUst another thought, why cant we have an engine option while keeping ALL of the standard components of the SRT? I don't need a 392 engine but I love the looks, suspension, brakes, body, wheels, lowered, electronics, etc of the srt. I don't get why even with the Hellcat you cannot get all of the options that the SRT has. WHy not? Less safety features and no MDS 4 cyl mode

#23 ·
The Daytona 5.7 would be the closest to the look of the SRT, without giving you the 392 engine!

You wouldn't get the brakes though!

Body = same body as SRT

Wheels = no, but same as Scat Pack

Lowered = yes?

Electronics = mostly

#24 ·
I priced a Daytona 392 and a Scat pack with leather and the Daytona was about $4,000 higher. Adding the Dynamics Package/Super Scat Pack package lowers the difference to about $1,800. I would delete the Daytona's stickers if I went that direction and I like the Scat Pack Bee badging/seats. I don't think the Dynamics package includes the CAI. Is that the only major difference between the two after adding the Dynamics package and leather to the Scat? I have heard conflicting performance gains on the CAI. Thanks.

#25 ·
Is that the only major difference between the two after adding the Dynamics package and leather to the Scat?
Not really, as you can't get full leather on the Scat Pack! It would be a leather/suede combination!

Only the SRT and SRT Hellcat get the full leather!

Yes, I will have to check, but that would really be the only difference!

Once you add the dynamics package, they are essentially the same vehicle!

#28 ·
Looks like these are starting to be ordered by dealerships:

Attachments

#29 ·
Another note, is that adding the Dynamics Package gives you BLACK calipers!

Attachments

#31 ·
Yeah, but I was mentioning that if you get the Scat Pack normally, I think it had the RED calipers.

If you add the Dynamics Package, it gives you BLACK calipers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.