Charger Forums banner

Dodge Charger License Plate LEDs! Plug & Play Install! Same-day shipping!

33K views 73 replies 11 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 · (Edited)

Dodge Charger License Plate LEDs

License plate bulbs are used to illuminate the rear license plate on your vehicle. From the factory, the bulbs are incandescent, lighting up in a yellowish color.

Newer luxury cars use LED modules to illuminate the license plate with modern, cool white light. By changing your license plate bulbs to LED, you can easily add this luxury look to your Charger!

The installation is 100% plug-and-play, just replace your factory bulb.

With low price and easy install, this is one of the best, easiest modifications you can do to improve how your Charger looks at night.

Diode Dynamics offers several bulb options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb:

SMD2: Slightly higher brightness than OEM bulbs. (24 lumens)
HP3: Much brighter than OEM bulbs. These are bright! (56 lumens)
HP5: Nearly triple the brightness of stock OEM bulbs! (92 lumens)

Bulb Design

SMD2: Similarly compact design, with two 5050-size Epistar SMD chips, driven at high power for maximum effective brightness. Outputs at 180 degrees.

HP3: One high-power SMD under a diffusing lens for truly even output (no hotspots). Constant current design and air-cooled base for superior reliability. Features dual contact pins and nonpolar function for easy installation.

HP5: Four high-power SMDs, under a diffusing lens. Just like the HP3, but run at higher power, with integrated copper plating for superior heat dissipation, allowing maximum brightness.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

2006-2010 Dodge Charger License Plate LEDs

2011-2014 Dodge Charger License Plate LEDs

194 LED Bulb Model Options

2006-2010 Dodge Charger License Plate LEDs

2011-2014 Dodge Charger License Plate LEDs

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or Email contact@diodedynamics.com

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
The 2015+ Chargers have a factory LED license plate light, which is a full assembly and cannot be replaced with a simple LED bulb.

We will have a full interior LED kit available shortly with an installation video for every location.

We just had a 2015 Hellcat Charger in the studio last week, here's a teaser:

Thanks!

Nick C.

#4 ·
Any pictures with the red bulb installed? I have a black R/T with red interior and would like to keep the theme going

#9 ·
Is Diode Dynamics based in St. Louis? I live in STL and need some bulbs for my 2008 SRT8

Reactions: Diode Dynamics
#15 ·
I just bought a full set of interior lights all 6000k. Is there a reason no blue can be bought for the doors? I have a 16' B5 SP.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I just installed full LEDS on my SP. It's a night and day difference! Looks great!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Diode Dynamics
This post has been deleted
#20 ·
You stated earlier "The 2015+ Chargers have a factory LED license plate bulb light, which is a full assembly and cannot be replaced with a simple LED bulb."

Has that changed for the 2016? I ask because you offer the license plate bulbs on your site. Is there a way to change them?

My owners manual calls for a 578 in the Map lights but your site claims 194?

I don't want to order all this to find out it's incorrect.

Thanks

#24 ·
Anyone know how many are required for a 2008 Charger? One bulb or more for the license plate?

#29 · (Edited)
I replaced my licence plate bulb with the Diode Dynamics recommended LED bulb....frankly I was quite disappointed with the output / result (I ordered 2 of them actually). 168 application (a Philips 194 LED bulb will not fit the assembly).

Changed them both with the same result.

Ended up switching to the SYLVANIA 168 ZEVO LED Mini Bulb & they were a huge improvement for my application compared to the Diode Dynamics version (2011 - 2014 models).

I am personally hesitant to recommend Diode Dynamics or do business with them again as my e-mails / concerns went unanswered.

And I am looking for more lighting products to purchase for my vehicles.

I have had excellent success with Xenondepot.com with several vehicles, including friends / family members.

:beerchug:

#30 · (Edited)
I apologize if you weren't satisfied with your purchase. Can you let us know which model you purchased? We have a three different models available, each with differing amounts of lumen output. Our HP5 is the brightest model available at 92 lumens (measured).

The entry-level SMD2 model will produce the least amount of lumen output.

If you emailed our team, contact@diodedynamics.com, you will receive a response within 24-hours during the week (usually much faster!). Our offices are closed on the weekends, so I apologize if you emailed over the weekend and didn't receive a response. The only way you wouldn't have received a response, is if we didn't actually receive the email. Our team takes great pride in making sure all customer emails are responded to within 24 hours during the week.

Please feel free to give us a call if you would like to exchange your order for a brighter model, or if there is anything else we can do to turn your experience around.

Thank you,
Nick C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.