Charger Forums banner

Custom tune to change Sport Mode?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  devilisht2003 
#1 ·
Anyone know if it's possible to flash a car so that Sport Mode changes shifting like Track Mode instead of changing the suspension? I'd like to have the Street Mode be soft and easy shifting then Sport be soft and harder shifting and Track be stiff and hard shifting.

#2 ·
you could try contacting Johan @ Diablo and see if can write you a custom tune.

#3 ·
You sure you want that? Shifting in track mode is really harsh, I can't drive too long in that mode. It really is just for racing.

Regular mode is comfortable for daily driving but very soft.

Sport mode is right in the middle when you feel aggressive but don't want the donkey kick shifting of track mode.

I think Dodge got it right with the modes.

#5 ·
Ummmm... no, sport mode WILL change your shifting, especially if you aren't using the paddle shifters. For instance, my tranny feels super lazy in regular mode, but in sport mode I don't have to push the gas so far to get the tranny to downshift. There isn't a HUGE difference, but there IS a noticeable difference. I wish for a setting that uses the sport tranny settings with normal suspension settings.

#6 ·
My car's (2013 Charger SRT8) sport mode only does suspension.

"Transmission- Adaptive electronic control or driver-interactive manual control with
Auto Stick or paddle controls; with ?Track? mode (features
performance shifting and gear holding feature combined with
?Sport? mode suspension damping rates)"

Suspension- SRT tuned three-mode adaptive damping system: ?Auto? mode =
sporty but compliant ride; ?Sport? mode = firm, maximum handling;
?Track? mode = firm, maximum handling plus performance shifting
and gear holding feature (non-Super Bee models)
SRT tuned (Super Bee models)"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.