Charger Forums banner

CEL has me worried this time...

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  AKCallahan 
#1 ·
In the past, if Tank gets around 4,000 miles on an oil change, the CEL will come on for the oil pressure being low, and shows the code 0520 upon performing the key dance. This literally, is nothing new. However...a couple of weeks ago now, the light came on when leaving walmart. Turned around, bought stuff for an oil change and handled business. I reset the CEL by pulling the appropriate fuses, as I've done times before. The next day, the light came on while driving home from work. Mind you, I used the same type oil, oil filter, the whole nine yards...but now the CEL haunts me. I again pull the same 0520 code. I add another quart of oil today, reset the light, and then the light comes back on when I started the car to leave work. There is no performace issues, smells, or obvious issues I can sense other than the annoying light.

HELP!

#3 ·
This seems to be true. I had the same code last year. Evic oil pressure continued to read correctly even though the code was present. Replaced the oil pressure sensdor switch asnd the code went away.

Be sure to use an OEM sensor. Aftermarket sensors don't always work properly. I bought one at Pep Boys and had to replace it, too, since it threw a different code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.