Charger Forums banner

Key problem

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  PokeydadsRT 
#1 ·
I have two keys one with the clicker one is just a key.
I can use the key to start car and unlock doors and open trunk via key. If I lock the car with the door lock on driver door. Then unlock with the key it unlocks but the alarm goes off till I start car. When I use the clicker it only lets me unlock doors. the lock button also unlocks doesn't let me lock by clicker. The clicker works fine to open trunk. How can I change this? I have a 2008 charger police 5.7L

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
The one on the left is the primary key system and the one on the right is the secondary (emergency) key. You really need to download that manual I told you about.

#6 ·
I too am having issues with my 2008 fob key. When I try to push any of the buttons, it's very hit or miss as some times my doors will unlock on the first try, and other times I'll have to push it lots of times and it will work eventually but it's annoying. And that goes for the trunk buttons and the remote start button.

And I'd like to figure out too how to tell the alarm to shut the **** up because it's so god damn annoying that the alarm goes off when I unlock the doors and open the trunk with the actual key O:<

#9 ·
The "actual key" is intended for emergency use only. You should be using the Fob for primary use.

If it isn't functioning properly, it likely because the battery in the fob is failing or you have some other issue that needs to be addressed.

Like I said, read the Owners manual for the description as to how the fob and physical key should be used. If you are doing something different because they aren't working as described in the manual, then you have an issue that needs to be fixed.

#14 ·
Be careful.... when I had my 2008 SE, I thought the unit had to be pulled apart. Turns out I only needed to remove the back square battery cover. I ended up breaking the fob and having to super glue it back together.

Make sure before you pull it apart that you double check how to replace the battery...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.