Charger Forums banner

Water leak in trunk anyone?

9K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Punisher69 
#1 ·
Got the dealer to replace the seal but still Leaks anybody else have this prob?

#3 ·
SXTLBS said:
Got the dealer to replace the seal but still Leaks anybody else have this prob?
I'm a new Charger driver, with one problem! WATER!
It seems that I have a water leak coming from somewhere which has yet to be determined. The driver side carpet was soaked 30 days after purchase, and the service dept has yet to determine what the problem is or was. Day 48, after touring the vehicle with the owner/manager of the dealership. One very cold morning after a heavy rain fall, I woke up to my surprise, that all but the driver/passenger side windows were frosted from the inside. This was FROM THE INSIDE of the car!!!!!

Obviously there is a seal break somewhere, but it's amazing that no certified mechanic can find it?

Anyone else have a problem!!

#4 ·
sstp said:
I'm a new Charger driver, with one problem! WATER!
It seems that I have a water leak coming from somewhere which has yet to be determined. The driver side carpet was soaked 30 days after purchase, and the service dept has yet to determine what the problem is or was. Day 48, after touring the vehicle with the owner/manager of the dealership. One very cold morning after a heavy rain fall, I woke up to my surprise, that all but the driver/passenger side windows were frosted from the inside. This was FROM THE INSIDE of the car!!!!!

Obviously there is a seal break somewhere, but it's amazing that no certified mechanic can find it?

Anyone else have a problem!!
SSTP,

Sorry to here about your problem, but I can feel your pain as I am having the same issues with water on the inside of the windows, the thread I believe is on page 2 with some pics. Best of luck as Dodge has had no luck with my car and has pretty much blown me off now and told me to get a lawyer.

HBHemi

#5 ·
HBHemi

I read your story, and you said that Dodge has blown you off. I'm not sure how the U.S rules apply, but remember:

1. The owner/manager of a dealership buys cars from Chrysler.
2. Then you buy from the dealer
3. Then the car is yours. No matter what!!!!

If you have a problem stick to your guns!!!!!! Always return back to the dealer and don't take no for an answer. YOU bought a NEW CAR!! NOT A USED CAR, A NEWWW CAR!!! Replacment parts / "WE WILL FIX IT." IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!
REMEMBER, you could have just as easily purchased a used car from the dealers car lot, spent less money and expected these problems to happen.
If the dealer takes a profit loss because he has to take your car back, for you to get a NEW car. OOOOO WELLLLL, Your reciept says a NEW 2006 DODGE CHARGER.
NOT A 2006 DODGE CHARGE FIXER UPPER!!!!!

KEEP FIGHTING, AS AM I.

#6 ·
Well the dealer doesn't have to take anything back, it's Dodge that must take it back. I have turned a car back to GM through the Lemon law. It's not that hard. So just keep taking it back and give them the required number of chances to fix it. Here in GA it depends on the nature of the problem as to how many chances you have to give them. After that you send a registered letter and then they get one more chance. In my case GM did not respond to the registered letter in the required number of days specified so they did not get another chance. I would think the Lemon laws in California would be tougher than here in GA. In GA there is no need for a lawyer, if the manufacture feels the car does not fall under the lemon law process there is an arbitration board that decides if it does or does not. AT least that is the way it was when I did it, but GM did not protest so it went pretty smooth.

#7 ·
If it helps, I too am suffering from a trunk leak problem. Although in my case it only happens with a certain touchless automatic wash, figure that one out. It rains pretty intense down here in the summer, but the trunk won't leak. Its just that one auto wash machine, so my solution??? Bought a Mr. Clean Auto dry setup.

#8 ·
Check "Water Leak in the Trunk" thread leftyturner, they got to the bottom of it. A weld needs to be made to the wheel well or something, sounds like a oversight in design or maybe due to modifications, but it's somewhere you cant see, he's got a leak guy that found it and he describes the work preformed.🎩

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.