Charger Forums banner

Trunk Light problem

11K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  photopro 
#1 ·
I had the trunk on my 2006 R/T open and saw the light go out, so I went to Advance and got another bulb. Put it in and nothing...got another one...still nothing. Tested the bulb on a battery and it works. No blown fuses and all other lights interior or otherwise are not affected. All wires connected to trunk locking system look good and intact. Look through the Forums and didnt find anyone with this exact problem so what is the problem or how can I find the problem?? (By the way...anyone know the exact fuse connected to the trunk light?? Manual didnt list one specific but I did check all the small blade fuses)

#2 ·
Found something on the 300C Forum about wiring being cut. Today I pulled the wires off the trunk lock latch and out of the rubber boot and found the black/white and purple wires completely cut in half. Patched them back together and re-routed the wires back through and hooked them up, and all works fine now.

#4 ·
same problem with trunk light

same problem.. worked sometimes, started flickering with LED bulbs and stock. when i closed the trunk about 1/3 way light comes on full.. then last night it stopped working at all!! going to toe dealert tomorrow to get a clock spring installed and i will ask them to fix it (for free) be da--ed if i pay to get the POS fixed!! If not i'll fix it myself and send dodge a nice letter about their poor QC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.