Charger Forums banner

Northwest Gal with her First New Mopar!

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  R/T MUSCLE 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! I've been snooping on the forums for a couple days now ever since I found a couple Chargers in my budget for a more reliable daily driver. I'm a younger gal who loves Mopars and cars in general. My previous daily driver and my first car is a 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger with the little ol' slant six. I still have her, but it's been demoted to "project" after blowing the 40 year old head gasket then blowing my piston rings. I'm going to college and work and I needed something a little more reliable so I can work on my Dart without being out of a car.

Sooooo, I ended up with my second car! A 2006 Dodge Charger R/T with black paint, bone stock besides the aftermarket wheels. It has 160k on it, but the 5.7 has been replaced about 15k miles ago. I took it for a test drive and the transmission shifts really well, and the suspension feels nice and solid going into corners with no squeaks or clunks. Made it on the 4 hour maiden voyage from Oregon to Kitsap County, WA The only problems is that the rotors feel warped or the wheels feel unbalanced, possibly both. Felt like the rear wheel on the passenger side had a wheel weight fall off. That and the check engine light is on. Cosmetically, the front fascia is scraped badly on both sides and the front belly pan is ripped. Headlights are busted too. Got home at about 11 tonight so starting tomorrow it's getting a much needed bath, codes scanned, and off to the junkyards to find a new face! This is my first "new" car and I'm excited to learn how to work on newer cars both diagnostics and performance wise. I know how to rebuild and tune a carburetor, but not a clue on how to tune an engine electronically. Hopefully I can learn and enjoy my Charger as much as all of you do!

See less See more
#6 ·
Oh you bet I do lol. '72 Dart Swinger, 225 two-barrel "super" slant six I've almost completely rebuilt, upgraded 8 1/4 rear end and converted to power disc brakes. Keeping the slant six and installing a shiny spooling turbo eventually, especially now since I've got my V8!

#9 ·
Welcome aboard! Don't worry about the belly pan too much. Mine broke and I just took off the pieces. It's a lot easier to work on the bottom now.

Love that Dart. I'm a big fan of the old A-bodies. My first car was a '68 Barracuda with a Slant Six. If you haven't check out the Hyper packs, they were pretty cool and might be a good basis for your turbo. (http://www.slant6parts.com/)

#11 ·
Welcome to the forum and why don't you post that 72 Dart Swinger in my other post

"Back when "Our classic cars"

Big John From New York City

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.