Charger Forums banner

2017 Dodge Charger Daytona

21K views 96 replies 29 participants last post by  Slidd 
#1 ·
#12 ·
I think it's great they're doing this but on the other hand, making a 5.7 R/T look like an SRT doesn't appeal to me in one way. It takes away from the SRT and what it stands for. But for those that like the look of the SRT but don't need the performance, it's great.

#13 ·
I love the look of the rear stripe that says "daytona" on it... I emailed Rider Graphix to ask about this vinyl decal and they said they'll have it up in a few days. They already carry the decal for the hood. I love my 2016 Scat Pack Charger, but I would LOVE to have that rear stripe on my Charger and maybe the bee logo as well :)

Check out http://www.ridergraphix.com/2015_Charger.html

#17 ·
...what ever. But I am getting one.

#19 ·
Oh I ain't mad either.. I would be proud to drive one too. Just saying they're watering down the SRT brand.

Sent from Motorola Droid Turbo

#21 ·
So what's the difference between a Scat Pack and the Daytona 6.4?

A stripe???

Reactions: Playhard
#23 ·
I feel like you can make it your own though. Even if you drive a Hellcat, if you do nothing to make it unique, weather it's tinting the tail lamps or debadging or putting some custom decals on, it's just one of many if you do nothing.

And let's look at the practical side...it's cheaper for dodge to have as few, let's call them "body kits" for the sake of argument, as possible. How many other vehicles on the road have more than one, if any, substantially different body moldings for special editions?

And I also remember reading once that in the Charger's case, the SRT front end actually serves a purpose, there's more area for the radiator to cool, as the R/T and lower front end openings have a smaller surface area. On the Challenger side, the front ends all look the same except for the SRTs, I'm assuming since they don't have that problem.

Ironically I like my SXT/RT front end better than the SRT in my opinion and would prefer it on the Scat Pak lol...

#26 ·
IMHO I don't think there's enough of a difference between the Scat Pack and the 6.4 Daytona to justify selling both in the same model year.

Seems like Dodge is just going the route of Ford and GM with have multiple trim levels with no real performance differences between them...

Reactions: mlgreen
#41 · (Edited)
IMO, tire, wheel and brake package alone makes a pretty big difference in perfs.
Again, that's SRT/Hellcat forged 9.5"-wide wheels, 275-section tires and gigantic 15+" rotors and 6-pot Brembo calipers !
Don't forget that Scat Pack rolls on 245 section tires; that's barely enough tire for my 5.7 RT with the 3.07 rear end.
Also, Scat Pack gets cloth perf seats as standard equipment; suede/leather perf seats alone are a $1600 option.
So, you get all the stuff above for $45K; it's a steal.
That's assuming that all the equipment above will really make it to the Daytona 392; also assuming that Dodge will build enough of these cars to avoid paying above MSRP just to get them.

#30 ·
True!

Although the 392 c.i. 6.4l engine is available in more Chargers, you can only get an official SRT with the SRT and SRT Hellcat Chargers!

It looks like the big thing that they get, that nothing else gets is the adaptive suspension! Correct?

#32 ·
Seconded (or thirded) on the fact that the SRT/SP fascia should stay with the 6.4s. Clearly, the 5.7L doesn't "need" the extra air allowed by the SRT fascia, so it's purely cosmetic. But, it's all good, they're great looking cars. I love the new black wheels for the 6.4s.

#35 ·
#91 ·
why i ordered the 2017 Daytona 392

Similar article here

http://www.motortrend.com/news/dodg...2AD6297C1D2B0126522EAB2C8C7A929E6269B652EA210

I'm going to have to look into these more once Dodge updates their site...
back-tracking to your post RAINMANyeh, Motortrend quoted Tim Kuniskis "Dodge is in a unique position, offering big, everyday driver cars when others are going to smaller, track-oriented cars", "Dodge wants to pay homage to cars that were once race cars and today are everyday drivers with style and attitude.", and "They are not autonomous. They are not hybrids. They do not get 50 mpg. You cannot summon them with your smartphone. But they might encourage teens to put down their phone and enjoy a ride down a boulevard in a true muscle car."

This is EXACTLY why i just ordered my 2017 Dodge Daytona 392! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.