Charger Forums banner

Front bumper ripped off!

11K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Slidd 
#1 ·
Well, i was parking my car last night to grab some dinner and i went over the parking curb a little too much..when i was backing out, it sounded like i was ripping the entire front end of my car off! When i look the front fascia was ripped off the clips and was still hanging on for dear life.

My question is, can a place fix that or do i need to replace the fascia? I'm sorry i don't have any pictures but the bumper appears to be in perfect condition, just the clips are torn and still attached to the car. She's 2014 RT

#3 ·
Without seeing pics it's hard to say but I bet you could just get new clips and fix it yourself fairly easily.

It's time to start backing in my friend.
This ^^^

The only time I drive into a spot forward is when we go grocery shopping so I can access the trunk better.

#11 ·
Where did you get it and do you have a link? The SP seems to have less ground clearance on the front than my R/T did. It's more like the Trans Ams that I had. I am starting to back into spaces too. I haven't scraped my front clip on a parking curb yet, but I have had some close calls.

GTO_04

#8 ·
I had my bumper off plenty of times. If the screw holes at the bottom are completely broken, and/or the side clips as you have pictured (can't tell the extent of the damage too well - it's been awhile), you're more than likely going to need a new bumper.

If that becomes the case, get the SRT bumper which looks meaner and make the most of a bad situation!

#9 ·
Reactions: msierra519
#10 ·
i was able to fix the bumper today..i picked up a plastic cement/epoxy and left it to harden for an hour and a half (directions said ready in 5 minutes, ultimate strength 24 hours) it was veryyyy strong, like it felt as if it never came off! put the bumper back on and used plastic rivets for the fender and bam! thanks for the help guys..and Nitemare..if it ever does come to it, i will definitely get the SRT number, that was exactly what i was looking at if i needed one!

Grantc, can you install a front camera with the factory navi screen? or would i need to upgrade to an aftermarket radio with 2 inputs? (rear and front camera)

#16 ·
One way to activate it is by speed, once below a certain speed say 5-7 mph it will automatically display the front camera, only problem with that is every time you stop for a light or stop sign it will come on which may get annoying.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.