Charger Forums banner

Opinion On 07 Sublime Daytona

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  2006MangoCharger-Oregon 
#1 ·
Ever since I was 18 and the Daytona Chargers were released, I've always wanted a Sublime one. I recently ran across a 2007 with just over 45,000 miles on it. Extremely low miles for an 07. I currently have an 07 SE that I've had for 4 years. Just hit 155,000 and it still runs just fine. My opinion for anyone who has or currently owns a Daytona or R/T in general is, is the vehicle worth the price and what issues should I look for when I go to look at the car?

Link to vehicle: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/690003043/overview/

Thanks!

#2 ·
I had an '07 R&T, considered the Sublime Daytona, and located #1 (if memory serves me, it was up in NY at the time). I loved my '07 and didn't have any issues with it. Given that the Daytona is 10 years old, that is low mileage, but I'd run carfax on it. With that mileage, one would guess that it was garage kept and cared for. If it all checks out, I'd say go for it.

PS- the link didn't work when I clicked it

#4 ·
Aren't there supposed to be buttons on the steering wheel?

I think that's a different hood decal, I also note aftermarket rims and the Danko front lip spoiler. Looks good, overall. The price might be a little high for a 10-yr. old car, the Daytonas didn't really hold value any better than the regular R/T's as I recall.

If the AutoCheck is good, give it a thorough inspection yourself or a mechanic you trust and give it a good test drive. Could be good. :)

#6 ·
This one doesn't have the EVIC option, hence why there are no steering wheel controls (planned to add it all if I bought the car).

It looks good. Someone changed out the OE hood for one with an SRT styled one with the scoop. Aftermarket wheels and Pioneer head unit. No underhood pics. I'd request to see same. Mind you, they've probably had it steam cleaned. Do you know what number in the series it is? I could see the Daytona plate on the passenger side of the dash, but couldn't make it out.
I'm not sure which number it is. I plan on calling the dealer tomorrow. They are about 100 miles from me. Give or take.

#5 ·
It looks good. Someone changed out the OE hood for one with an SRT styled one with the scoop. Aftermarket wheels and Pioneer head unit. No underhood pics. I'd request to see same. Mind you, they've probably had it steam cleaned. Do you know what number in the series it is? I could see the Daytona plate on the passenger side of the dash, but couldn't make it out.

#7 ·
The car is worth exactly what anyone is willing to pay for it.

Miles are low. Looks good. Price seems high regardless. It's a 10 year old car.

Sharpen your negotiating skills and good luck.

#9 ·
Is the steering wheel thread green?

#13 ·
I think that is a great price and the sublime is sharp.

I have an 06 Mango.

In the deal (verify whats been done) make sure the battery is atleast 4 years new. Now on FLUIDS....and I mean every fluid there is in the care....should have been replaced at/by 10 years of age. If they cannot verify that they have been changed....see if they will do it as part of the deal at no extra cost. If not....I would change all fluids if you get the car.

My car only has 8,000 miles on it and I changed all fluids last year. I just put new tires on too...as rubber breaks down also.

Hope you get it !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.