License plate frame options

• Yeah, it's got a HEMI

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Domestic, not Domesticated

Votes: 3 33.3%

License plate frame poll

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  RAINMANyeh 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered a 2017 Scat Pack last night and I'm looking to get a license plate frame made for it, with the lettering body color. Which do I go with, the old tried and true or the new slogan?

• Yeah, it's got a HEMI
  • Domestic, not Domesticated

#4 ·
Well the "Yeah; it's got a HEMI" was from an ad campaign from years ago too.

Anyway I am not a huge fan of license plate frames. I just get a lightly tinted cover for the plates. Not legal but I've never received a ticket yet.

AND WHAT COLOR SP DID YOU GET?

#6 · (Edited)
Ordered a TorRed SP.... and my saleguy sent me a text this afternoon.... I've already got my VIN and she's in "D" status.

Here's the tag frame I have on my 2014.

Haven't ordered one yet... looking at a billet frame.

#8 ·
Thanks for the input thus far. This is essentially what I ordered.

#9 ·
Just have a simple smoked cover on mine. Makes the plate hard to see unless you're directly behind the car and kind of up close and personal. And, as it's a handicapped plate it looks quite a bit like an official government style plate. It has a wheelchair on it, but it's not that easy to make out with the cover. When you add on dirt from the dirt road I live on, my plate is usually completely unreadable since even on clear days the car has a fine coat of dust on it.

#11 ·
I had another thought....... "THE HIVE IS ALIVE"

#12 ·
I don't like them.

#14 ·
I like how in Texas, you can get custom plates in different colors and styles. They can get extraordinarily expensive ($500 for a custom message/background plate good for 5 years) but some aren't as oppressive (I got a Native Texan plate on my old Jeep that was only $30 per year, that went to supporting Texas historical sites).

Might check on that if your state has something similar...I've had my eye on the old Texas Classic plates...back in the 60s they were black with white lettering...they look great on a black car. But even the basic plates aren't bad...plain white with black lettering

#15 · (Edited)
I voted option #2 because it's different.

Stupid expense and a 3rd party is in charge of it. I had a personalized plate the year before they moved to the myplates site--it was a 6 letter word on a plain Texas plate. They wanted almost $300 to continue using it for what I had used I the year before for $65. What a crock.

#16 ·
L.E.A.D. = Launching Exceptionally Awsome Driver

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.