Charger Forums banner

Mopar CAI worth the price over competitors?

7K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Fast50 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 14 charge 3.6L V6 and was planning on adding a CAI and my first choice was the MOPAR one, but looking at the price of it compared to most competitors is quite a big jump.

Is there any noticeable difference in the mopar cai vs say airaid or k/n ?

I know just a CAI alone wont make a huge difference, but thats why i plan on pairing it with a few other performance mods.

And finally, how is the sound of the mopar cai vs competitors?

Thanks guys, sorry for any noob/overused questions, very very new to cars, mostly a computer guy wanting to get into another hobby.

#2 ·
I like my Mopar CAI on my 5.7L Hemi. No noticeable difference except looks. I like how it looks a little more integrated and not so aftermarket looking.

Reactions: RScottyL
#5 ·
Legmaker for the win

#7 ·
Save your money and get an AFE, LMI or Weapon R intake... They are awesome I'm currently running a Weapon R and its a sleeper foreal... sounds like a little supercharger when accelerating with that whine.

#9 ·
I got my Mopar intake cheaper than I would have gotten an AFE Stage 2, which I also dig. They're pretty much in the same price bracket, though I'm not sure for the new ones.

EDIT: Holy crap! After looking it up the Mopar is crazy expensive compared to the others. I agree with Innocent, get the AFE Stage 2.

#11 ·
If you're creative and DIY inclined you can always buy up some tubing and a filter and with a little paint make yourself a pretty nice CAI for a fraction of the price of these aftermarket ones. I love the look of the K&Ns, AFEs, etc... but these companies are making a killing off of these intakes. I'd love to see what the cost is out of their pockets to put one of their CAIs together. They have to be making a sizable profit on each one they sell.

#16 ·
those companies making them out of injected plastic or preformed metal tubes...... yes, the margins are decent....

a company that hand makes them one at a time from real carbon fiber..... not so decent ;)

#17 ·
I would love to have a carbon fiber one in my car. I much prefer the look of any of the major brand CAIs, but you can get the same performance from a jerry rigged one. They just don't look as good in the engine bay. Carbon fiber is expensive, I'd love to have a carbon fiber CAI.

#15 ·
The only real difference is looks and price. As for the design, they all flow pretty much the same, it's the filter that makes the difference. But for true cold air, the filter needs to be relocated to behind the bumper, but then it is exposed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.