Charger Forums banner

I want my MPG

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  MoparG 
#1 ·
What up everyone? Just a simple question looking for a simple answer: What's your average MPG with the V8 Hemi?

Yeah I know it depends on the way you drive, blah blah blah, just tell me what you average and i'll figure it out from there. haha. thanks!

#3 ·
13-16 in the city 19 -24 on the highway that is driving spirited I can do 19 in the city if I acclerate and never go over 3000 rpms and let the MDS stay engaged

I used to get much worse mileage at 2700 miles now I am starting to see an improvement

#4 ·
MPG is an overrated stat. MPH is a much more interesting subject...

#5 ·
What do you mean leave the MDS engaged???

I've had my charger for less than a week now and the instrument cluster shows an average of 14. I just thought that seemed pretty low. I am loving the car though. Soo happy with it.

Thanks.

#6 ·
Reset it, I went on a trip, started out with 240 miles on the car. I drove 1100 miles and average was 22 MPG. I think that is great for a new car.

#9 ·
Charger Madness84: Yes, it sounds like your MDS could be off and needs to be reset if it is reading 14 in the city. This is what the car gets if the MDS has triggered off. Consult manual or dealer (or search this forum) for reset procedure.

#10 ·
I have the manual in my hand as we speak, I cannot find anything on resetting the MDS. Anyone??

#11 ·
I tried doing a search for the threads I remember seeing but I couldn't find. It is quite possible your MDS is functioning fine as many here have reported 12-16 with the MDS not being in need of resetting, however, it is true that you will get 14 city and 19 highway if the MDS has turned off. Thank Chrysler for not including an MDS operation light on the dash.

What are you getting on the highway. If it is near 19 then it could be off. If it is near 23-26 then it is fine.

Your car may need breaking in if the MDS is working.

I know most don't do this but I always keep a new engine mellow with no throttles past 1/2 way down for the first 700 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.