Charger Forums banner

$ to install cam

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Shown Jon 
#1 · (Edited)
So I talked my fiance into letting me get my 5.7 hemi cammed but I was wondering how much it costed others. I'm trying to figure out if I am getting a deal or getting ripped off. I got a quote from a hhp install shop and they said for the 274 cam, spring/retainer kit, non MDS lifters, head bolts and gaskets, and installation it would be around $3000 and then they'd have to take the car to a dyno shop via a flat bed truck because they don't have a dyno in their shop which they said they'd figure that up seperate. The truck drive will be free since they own the truck but the dyno I guess is $700 for the first hour and I can't remember how much beyond that. What do you guys think? Am I getting a deal or getting ripped off?

#2 ·
That sounds like a little more than I'd personally expect. I know you have an 11-14 MY vehicle so I can't speak for those but on the Pre-Eagle 5.7 they have an install package that's $1600 (not including dyno as that cam doesn't really NEED to be tuned, but maximum performance would come from it). Their website also says $300 for dyno rental, plus $75 per hour to tune. At the $700 price tag, they're saying it'll take 5 hours to tune....in any case, the price isn't THAT far off from other places TBH.

#3 ·
That is a high price to pay for a cam install. The Cam/limiter costs $800. PSI spring and retainer package $480. Dyno session for the cam $500. Labor should be $1000-$1200 max IMO. That is $3000 roughly if the labor is $1200. I would check around for other shops in your area.

I would call HHP in Delaware and ask Josh how much they charge for a 274 cam install with dyno tune. I believe their price is right around $3000 dyno tune, parts and labor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.